Dog was attacked, what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
    I see this all the time at the local dog park. Some guy'll drop an un neutered male off and leave to come back to a dead dog in the middle of a field. Most times they take their pup and leave without saying anything. Always carry if you can.
    So you go to dog parks to kill peoples dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      what is weird is how far away we were when he came after us, he shouldnt have thought it was his territory. No telling what he will do to some kid trick or treating tomorrow.
      How far away?

And again, they're normally not aggressive toward people.
      Originally posted by Big A View Post
      Have you ever tried to restrain an 80 pound dog that's trying to get to another dog? It's not easy.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
        I see this all the time at the local dog park. Some guy'll drop an un neutered male off and leave to come back to a dead dog in the middle of a field. Most times they take their pup and leave without saying anything. Always carry if you can.
        Lol, bullshit
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

should call dr vick and see what he prescribes

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
            Sorry about your pup. Just another reason I don't haven't a rodent to worry about.

As someone said I would clean it myself and keep an eye on em. Vets totally rape you anyways so if you can bandage it as they will then why incur the cost.
            So the dog doesn't die, or even suffer unnecessarily due to your neglect.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Put down both dogs and get rid of the GF. First mistake you made was buying something together with a bleeding vagina.
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

No one is going to ask if it had cropt ears?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  should call dr vick and see what he prescribes
                  Electro shock treatment I am betting.
                  99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                  going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by psdtech View Post
                    No one is going to ask if it had cropt ears?
                    Of course it did. It attacked something, right?

Comment

Peroxide is the worst thing to put on a bite wound. Water is best. Take your dog to the vet today. They will send you home with some antibiotics and tell you to keep an eye on it. As far as the other dog - send them the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                        Why don't you carry ????????
                        (/)

Comment

Interesting thread, but I don't have anything to add beyond what was posted already. Especially without seeing the wounds.

It is nice that the owner -so far- seems to be willing to do the right thing. Easy to say on this side of the keyboard though. I also never really considered a dog jumping through the screen, at least for my dogs. Guess he'll learn to not open the windows or open them so far.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

To all the trigger happy cowboys, there's no way I'm firing shots at two white dogs fighting with a subcompact 45...especially when mine is trying to run away down the street. Too much can go wrong and I don't want to deal with the legal side of that. I'd choose this outcome everytime...

Pup is doing well, granted the cuts look worse from clotting and such. Just gonna continue cleaning and monitoring it in case a vet is needed.

Comment

Take her to the vet today so they can flush/wash it out and typically, they will give a pill or two in office and you should be good. Send the Pyr owner a copy of the bill via certified mail. At worst, he won't pay the bill, but it's also not expensive and damn sure not as expensive as it would be if your dog does get an infection.

As far as the other dog...I know everyone says to carry and the DFWM fashion is to kill it, but another option is pepper spray. A lady in our husky/malamute group carries that with her daily and has used it with great success several times. No, a Great Pyr typically is not aggressive towards humans or even other dogs, but without proper training they're like any other dog without proper training.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                                Take her to the vet today so they can flush/wash it out and typically, they will give a pill or two in office and you should be good. Send the Pyr owner a copy of the bill via certified mail. At worst, he won't pay the bill, but it's also not expensive and damn sure not as expensive as it would be if your dog does get an infection.

As far as the other dog...I know everyone says to carry and the DFWM fashion is to kill it, but another option is pepper spray. A lady in our husky/malamute group carries that with her daily and has used it with great success several times. No, a Great Pyr typically is not aggressive towards humans or even other dogs, but without proper training they're like any other dog without proper training.
                                Pepper spray has since been brought out. Typically I only have it for my gf to carry when I'm not there, but now I can see it's need regardless. I figure it'll work twofold: the dog will be gone, and the owner will have to deal with cleaning all the pepper spray off. Teach two lessons.

Comment

Working...
                                X