No announcement yet.

Dog was attacked, what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice guys, I just wanted to verify that I'm not being a bad owner by cleaning and dressing her wounds myself without taking her to the vet immediately. Biggest concern is infection.

I got the dogs vet info and will verify it's up to date on shots tomorrow. Called E-vet and they didn't seem too concerned.

As far as the other dog, I always figured I'd beat the snot out of a dog if it did that, but it happened too fast to play out that way. It tore my dog out of her collar and she was trying to run away by the street. Luckily I could grab the nasty bastards long hair and throw him away. He didn't want any part of messing with me luckily and ran away pretty hard. I needed to stay by my dog to make sure she was ok and wouldn't be attacked again. owner knows he will be paying if any bills come up. I'm surprised that a dog that big didn't do more damage and/or turn on me. I also warned the neighbor that if it gets remotely close it's going to be in a world of trouble, he didn't seem to try hard enough to get his dog back in the house. I cannot risk us being attacked again.

Comment

I would take the dog to a vet just to be sure.
      sigpic

Comment

Why don't you carry ????????

Comment

I would have choked the other dog to death with my bare hands.

Comment

Sorry about your pup. Just another reason I don't haven't a rodent to worry about.

As someone said I would clean it myself and keep an eye on em. Vets totally rape you anyways so if you can bandage it as they will then why incur the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I also warned the neighbor that if it gets remotely close it's going to be in a world of trouble, he didn't seem to try hard enough to get his dog back in the house.
              Good luck with getting him to pay, irresponsible fucks like that shouldn't own animals, or be allowed to have kids.

Comment

Sorry about your pup.

Although I do see your point on protecting your dog but,If your dog isnt bleeding his brains out than I dont see it as a big deal, shit happens, the guy didnt throw his dog on yours so he can attack. Get your dog cleaned up, and bandaged, check if the other dog is rabid and I think you will be alright. Good luck.

Dont take him to the vet over 1 small puncture.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                  Why don't you carry ????????
                  Dogs wanna be walked, not carried.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Good luck with getting him to pay, irresponsible fucks like that shouldn't own animals, or be allowed to have kids.
                    I feel this is all too true, but have given the guy some credit. I obviously have all his info and know where he lives. He offered to pay as well, and it's documented with the police and animal control.

My hope is that it doesn't have to go to that level. If her wounds heal fine he will have gotten off easy and will also be made aware of that. I also think he really didn't know the dog would break out of the house. They seemed new to the area.

Comment

I feel this is all too true, but have given the guy some credit. I obviously have all his info and know where he lives. He offered to pay as well, and it's documented with the police and animal control.

My hope is that it doesn't have to go to that level. If her wounds heal fine he will have gotten off easy and will also be made aware of that. I also think he really didn't know the dog would break out of the house. They seemed new to the area.
                      Regardless of his ability or willingness to pay, treat it as the superficial wound that it sounds to be, and at the slightest hint of infection, get a vet involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        Man, a few years ago a baby skunk got in the yard with my 3 dogs in the middle of the night. Poor thing was almost dead when I realized what was going on, I finished it off, and took it to animal control the next morning. The asshole animal control officer was saying the skunk was probably rabid (some outrageous number like 95 out of 100 times, it is), and if it was, I'd have to quarantine my dogs (shots were up to date) for 30-90 days - no contact with any other mammal, not even the three of them, except one person to feed/water them. And he'd do random checkups to make sure I was complying, and if I wasn't, he could confiscate and euthanize my dogs. Really freaked me out, and the prick never even called to tell me the test came back negative.
                        Moral of the story: Don't involve government in your business
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

He didn't want any part of messing with me luckily and ran away pretty hard. I needed to stay by my dog to make sure she was ok and wouldn't be attacked again. owner knows he will be paying if any bills come up. I'm surprised that a dog that big didn't do more damage and/or turn on me.
                          They're generally pretty aggressive toward dogs and other predators that come into their territory (they're bred to guard livestock), but submissive/non-aggressive toward people.
                          Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          What was irresponsible? That he was in a house with a screen door/window that the dog could bust out of? LOL
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Moral of the story: Don't involve government in your business
                          Yeah, I decided that next time I'd just drop it off in front of their office after hours.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

They're generally pretty aggressive toward dogs and other predators that come into their territory (they're bred to guard livestock), but submissive/non-aggressive toward people.
                            what is weird is how far away we were when he came after us, he shouldnt have thought it was his territory. No telling what he will do to some kid trick or treating tomorrow.

Comment

What was irresponsible? That he was in a house with a screen door/window that the dog could bust out of? LOL
                              I also warned the neighbor that if it gets remotely close it's going to be in a world of trouble, he didn't seem to try hard enough to get his dog back in the house.

Comment

I see this all the time at the local dog park. Some guy'll drop an un neutered male off and leave to come back to a dead dog in the middle of a field. Most times they take their pup and leave without saying anything. Always carry if you can.
                                Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                                Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                                X