Dog was attacked, what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog was attacked, what to do...

So me and my GF are walking our lab when a great pyranese jumps out of it's house through the screen and starts attacking her...already reported it but now it's a matter of care.

She only has one puncture wound on her back leg and foot scratches, do we take her to the emergency vet or wait until the morning?

You're wondering if you should provide emergency care for a pet and you're posting up here asking? Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      So me and my GF are walking our lab when a great pyranese jumps out of it's house through the screen and starts attacking her...already reported it but now it's a matter of care.

She only has one puncture wound on her back leg and foot scratches, do we take her to the emergency vet or wait until the morning?
      From a care perspective I'd just clean everything out with peroxide, and throw a bandage on it. If it's a severe puncture, then get it checked out. Main concern would be rabies, and then let animal services take care of the other dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        From a care perspective I'd just clean everything out with peroxide, and throw a bandage on it. If it's a severe puncture, then get it checked out. Main concern would be rabies, and then let animal services take care of the other dog.
        Rabies? From a dog in someone's house? Unlikely, but maybe?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          Rabies? From a dog in someone's house? Unlikely, but maybe?
          I didn't say it was likely, just a concern.

Comment

Go find the Pyrenees and bite it back!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Go find the Pyrenees and shave its hair off.!
              fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

My g/f and I

Fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  You're wondering if you should provide emergency care for a pet and you're posting up here asking? Lovely.
                  X2

Ruff daddy now has the intellectual level less than dammitsteve

I thought only my doorknob was below him but no longer

Comment

Were the police called and a report filed so you can get reimbursed?
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Were the police called and a report filed so you can get reimbursed?
                      already reported it but now it's a matter of care.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

There hasn't been a case of rabies in a domestic dog in the US in over 20 years (from what my vet told me).

Puncture wounds in the legs shouldn't be a problem. Just clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          There hasn't been a case of rabies in a domestic dog in the US in over 20 years (from what my vet told me).
                          Man, a few years ago a baby skunk got in the yard with my 3 dogs in the middle of the night. Poor thing was almost dead when I realized what was going on, I finished it off, and took it to animal control the next morning. The asshole animal control officer was saying the skunk was probably rabid (some outrageous number like 95 out of 100 times, it is), and if it was, I'd have to quarantine my dogs (shots were up to date) for 30-90 days - no contact with any other mammal, not even the three of them, except one person to feed/water them. And he'd do random checkups to make sure I was complying, and if I wasn't, he could confiscate and euthanize my dogs. Really freaked me out, and the prick never even called to tell me the test came back negative.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I've always thought about what I would do if some other dog attacked my dogs while I was out walking them around. I am quite sure the other dog (depending on size) would have a few broken ribs and if it was really violent, it would probably bite one of my arms as I gouged out its eyes with my other hand.

I'm slightly protective of my dogs.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Pyrs are territorial but I've never heard of one doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X