Miami Officer arrested for doing 120mph because he was late for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Officer arrested for doing 120mph because he was late for work

What a dumbass. Apparently he was in a squad car as well.

MIAMI (AP) — A Miami police officer is accused of driving 120 mph on a turnpike because he was late for his off-duty job working security at a school.
    The Florida Highway Patrol says officer Fausto Lopez was arrested at gunpoint after leading police on a brief high-speed chase.

According to a police report, a trooper spotted a patrol car changing lanes in a dangerous manner earlier this month. The report says the patrol car ignored warnings to pull over and led a brief high-speed chase before stopping near Hollywood.

Miami police spokesman Delrish Moss told The Associated Press on Saturday that administrative action against Lopez depends on the outcome of the case.
    Univision first reported the arrest.

I bet that was hilarious looking. A police car chasing a police car. lol

Comment

Dumb ass

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        What a dumbass. Apparently he was in a squad car as well.

MIAMI (AP) — A Miami police officer is accused of driving 120 mph on a turnpike because he was late for his off-duty job working security at a school.
        The Florida Highway Patrol says officer Fausto Lopez was arrested at gunpoint after leading police on a brief high-speed chase.

According to a police report, a trooper spotted a patrol car changing lanes in a dangerous manner earlier this month. The report says the patrol car ignored warnings to pull over and led a brief high-speed chase before stopping near Hollywood.

Miami police spokesman Delrish Moss told The Associated Press on Saturday that administrative action against Lopez depends on the outcome of the case.
        Univision first reported the arrest.

Lulz.

Comment

they are trained for that, their training lets them foresee the future movements of all people on the road.
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
            they are trained for that, their training lets them foresee the future movements of all people on the road.
            Hell, he didn't hit anyone or cause any accidents, so this must be true!

Comment

We don't know both sides of the story
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  If there is even a modicum of truth as to the circumstances in this story, which led to him being arrested. I'm pretty sure any kind of defense he (or anyone) could muster up would be untenable.

Comment

Here's his side of the story, "I'm a cop, I can do what I want."

Comment

What job is worth being arrested and having a car impounded, to risk being late? Even moreso, unless you are habitually late, almost all companies won't do much, if anything, if you let them know what's going on.

"I'm a cop, I'll do what I want" pretty much sums it up.

Comment

I've always said cops should be held to a higher standard. Now, what would a citizen get for driving like this?
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          "I'm a cop, I'll do what I want" pretty much sums it up.
                          You guys have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                            You guys have no idea.
                            So it seems, everyone has been so critical and quick to point the fingers. Not saying he was in the right but been a lot of fiveo bashing lately.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                              So it seems, everyone has been so critical and quick to point the fingers. Not saying he was in the right but been a lot of fiveo bashing lately.
                              That's the norm around here.

But, mostly it's deserved. There are some stupid "bad apples" out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X