Almost considered downsizing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost considered downsizing...

I work a fair bit and when I am home my wife wants me to spend time with her (Can you believe it? haha), so my Vette doesn't get driven too much. I like my Yukon and it's been an incredibly comfortable and reliable ride (56k miles on it now), but I've debated downsizing to one 'fun' car. E63, CTS-V were two options. Well, I have a sales manager I work with for our fleet purchases at work, so I got a wild hair yesterday and asked her what they would give me for my Vette and Yukon and get me into a CTS-V, either the Coupe or Sedan, wasn't sure which I wanted.

Long story short, over the phone they went 80 on the Vette and 27 on the Yukon and would only go 500 back of invoice in the V, so still around 68 or so. Screw that. I had been hoping to get around $55k and the V. Looks like we're more at $40k and the V. Nah.

Suffice to say, I'm keeping the Vette and Yukon. I think I would have regretted the trade-down anyway.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

CTS-V would trump the vette and the Yukon...unless it's a zr-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      I think it is

Comment

80k for vette better b zr-1

Comment

cool story bro!

Comment

Get an 09, they can be had with low miles for high $40s which would give you $58,000. I'd offer to drive your Vette, but I never remember to drive my Cobra so I can't help you.
            Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            It is.

Comment

It would have been nice to simplify the car thing, but not at those prices. It's an 08 Denali with 56k miles in great shape, new tires, etc. and a '10 ZR1 with 5500 miles. Private party should be at least high 80's. It wasnt a ridiculous offer but still too low for my taste.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                I work a fair bit and when I am home my wife wants me to spend time with her (Can you believe it? haha), so my Vette doesn't get driven too much. I like my Yukon and it's been an incredibly comfortable and reliable ride (56k miles on it now), but I've debated downsizing to one 'fun' car. E63, CTS-V were two options. Well, I have a sales manager I work with for our fleet purchases at work, so I got a wild hair yesterday and asked her what they would give me for my Vette and Yukon and get me into a CTS-V, either the Coupe or Sedan, wasn't sure which I wanted.

Long story short, over the phone they went 80 on the Vette and 27 on the Yukon and would only go 500 back of invoice in the V, so still around 68 or so. Screw that. I had been hoping to get around $55k and the V. Looks like we're more at $40k and the V. Nah.

Suffice to say, I'm keeping the Vette and Yukon. I think I would have regretted the trade-down anyway.
                solid barg

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    solid barg
                    But arent you impressed? Only a 25K loss so far haha. Hardly anything to brag about...

Comment

No barg, heck, I know like two people on this board in real-life and it'll probably stay that way. I just enjoy the banter and feel of the site over the years.

Yeah, based on the offer, losing 20k on the Z in one year isn't anything to brag about for sure
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

It sounds to me like you aren't that serious about getting into a CTS-V, you went to one simple contact that made a trade-in offer for a single transaction.

If you're at all serious find out what fair market value is for both rides, check out a few other dealerships, and consider selling both privately. If that's too much work, you aren't in too big a hurry to get rid of the vette.

Comment

I think you're right, Big A. Drove it quite a bit this weekend (amazing weather) and I don't think I'm ready to unload it, certainly for the money I got as an offer (albeit I got only one and it was on the low-end, I'm sure).
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

cpa?

Comment

http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Working...
                              X