Ipad Scammers sucker San Antonio woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad Scammers sucker San Antonio woman

That old cliché is ringing true: If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

A San Antonio woman experienced a painful reminder of the truism after she thought she had bought a real iPad. She was tricked.

It is happening in other cities, but it is the first time police have heard of anything like it taking place in San Antonio.

An iPad is the gadget everyone wants to get their hands on.

They range in price anywhere from $500 to $900. So when Brittany Delao thought she could get one for only $150, she jumped at the chance.

"It looked brand new," said Delao.

She says the item was packaged in what looked like manufacturing wrap.

The problem is Delao bought the item off the street. She says two men in a silver truck set up at a Valero gas station on Sir Winston and Blanco.

Inside the truck they had what appeared to be more boxes of iPads, and they showed her actual working ones.

"I thought, 'Oh, yes, a brand new iPad,'" said Delao.

The woman said the men knew exactly what they were doing.

"He said, 'Here is your iPad,' - pulled it out, showed it to me, and I gave him the money," said Delao.

The item was packaged in bubble wrap, but when she opened it she realized it was just a picture frame with an Apple sticker affixed to the outside.

But anyways, id let her sucker me.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Are people doing this just to get on the news anymore? With all these stories floating around about people who are getting douched out of an iPad from skeevy characters at gas stations people just can't be retarded enough to still think they're getting an iPad for $150.

Comment

I once tried to buy a piece of spray painted wood. I was scammed and it turned out to be an ipad. Never again....

Comment

So in other words they should all be charged with buying stolen property, they knew it had to be stolen but they did not care because they were getting a "good deal"

Comment

They are the 99%.

They get handouts from the gov't, its not much of a stretch that their fragile little brains would think this was real.

Glad she lost her money, maybe next time she won't be so fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Are people doing this just to get on the news anymore? With all these stories floating around about people who are getting douched out of an iPad from skeevy characters at gas stations people just can't be retarded enough to still think they're getting an iPad for $150.
            About 4 years ago i drove my girl to meet this guy who was selling an iphone off of craigslist.

She got out the car and i told her i'd be out the car in a minute. She was talking to the seller while looking at the iphone.

Then i got out the car and walk up to them and he says
            "Oh you know what, this is the wrong iphone i brought ya'll. I live right down the street i'll go get it and come right back."

We waited 15 minutes, called him and he says he's pulling up.. He never came back. If i wasnt there she would have been suckered for her money.
            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
            Your opinion is what sucks.
            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by teamjacob View Post
              i once tried to buy a piece of spray painted wood. I was scammed and it turned out to be an ipad. Never again....
              lol
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Picture alert, picture alert!!

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                X