Forced weak handshake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Fucker didn't wait until full contact before gripping, and I demanded a re-do. I don't appreciate the early grabber. I think its probably some sort of psychological need to show dominance that causes people to close their grasp too early. Kind of a forced submission. Well fuck that, I'm a small guy but I've got a strong grip so I demanded a re-do and cracked that fuckers knuckles.
    In my mind it's just the opposite, an early or pansy grab is a sign of lack of confidence, or in some cases a sign of disdain or complete lack of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      I hate shaking chick hands - never know what the fuck they want to do.
      That's why I never shake a female's hand unless they extend the courtesy first.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        How about the guys that get good hand engagement but then lift their elbow up high and turn their hand on top. Tell me I'm not the only one that notices this bullshit.
        I think they do it to apply more pressure in the shake. IIRC, those same guys are typically smaller guys with something to prove.

Comment

Hand on top is telling you that he is better than you are. Both hands at an equal angle is a sign both individuals respect each other as a man.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Hand on top is telling you that he is better than you are. Both hands at an equal angle is a sign both individuals respect each other as a man.
            With the ladies I like to retract and wiggle my middle finger to let 'em know what's up. Works great to break the ice in business meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              Wtf is up with this. The last two clients I've met with, they reach in all weird, hand already half-closed, and it forces you to do a half-asses finger shake. It's just weird, and it seems there's really no way to recover. Anyone gone through this? I've always been taught that for business meetings you give a good firm hand-shake; anything less is cause for dismissal.
              sorry next time i will give you a firmer hand shake it is kinda weak sauce;(
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                How about the guys that get good hand engagement but then lift their elbow up high and turn their hand on top. Tell me I'm not the only one that notices this bullshit.
                Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Definitely a dominance thing. I make a point of trying to turn the handshake back over when someone tries to turn their palm down.
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  With the ladies I like to retract and wiggle my middle finger to let 'em know what's up. Works great to break the ice in business meetings.
                  I too, tickle the ladie's wrist with my middle finger. Good action.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that wh1telightning would give him a fun for his money in the hand shaking department. Fucker will damn near crush your hand.
                    Maybe. It was always good fun to introduce unsuspecting victims to the guy and then watch their faces as he clamped down on their hands. It went from surprise, to shock, to panic in about 2 seconds.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm willing to bet that wh1telightning would give him a fun for his money in the hand shaking department. Fucker will damn near crush your hand.
                      the irony is i dont "try" to squeeze.. i can apply some clamping force.. i just try to give a firm hand shake..
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

We had a business etiquette class at work a little while back. The first thing she talked about was shaking hands.

Regarding women, she said not to crush their hand (of course) but not to give a wimpy handshake either. Just a lighter version of a typical man-to-man handshake. Granted, this is for a business environment where you're not really supposed to treat a woman differently...

Comment

One good thing about being a plumber, not many people want to shake your hand.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I hate the limp wrist hand shake as much as anyone else.

Another thing I hate it is one of the old guys at O'Reilly's in Sherman always shakes my hand but when he grabs my hand he tries to violently shake it my hand side to side and up and down at the same time. It's what I would think shaking hands with Michael J. Fox would be like.

My dad's cousin is 72 years old and has one of the strongest God damn grips I've ever encountered. Those old guys are no joke.

-Aaron

Comment

I shake normal, just a nice firm handshake. Nothing limp wrist and nothing that squeezes the shit out of you.

If you are someone respectable and/or are older, I will typically shake your hand and place my other hand over yours.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X