Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boy wishes to join Girl Scouts

All I can say is wow.

Bobby Montoya is a 7-year-old boy from Denver. Unlike a lot of young boys, Bobby has no desire to join the Boy Scouts. Instead, he wants to be a Girl Scout.

We first saw Montoya's story over at 9news.com. The NBC affiliate reports that when the boy's mother, Felisha Archuleta, tried to sign her son up for Girl Scouts, a troop leader told her no.

Archuleta spoke with 9News about the incident. "I said, 'Well, what's the big deal?' She [the troop leader] said, 'It doesn't matter how he looks; he has boy parts, he can't be in Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts don't allow that, [and] I don't want to be in trouble by parents or my supervisor.'"

Reporters with 9News contacted Girl Scouts of Colorado about Montoya's application, which prompted the group to release a statement: "Our requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to best support these children, their families and the volunteers who serve them. In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach. She contacted her supervisor, who immediately began working with the family to get the child involved and supported in Girl Scouts. We are accelerating our support systems and training so that we're better able to serve all girls, families and volunteers."

We placed a call to Rachelle Trujillo, vice president of communications at Girl Scouts of Colorado, for further clarification. She replied with this statement: "Girl Scouts is an inclusive organization, and we accept all girls in kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child lives life as a girl and the family brings the child to us to participate in Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her. Girl Scouts of Colorado respects the privacy of all girls and families we work with. When a family requests membership for their daughter, we do not require proof of gender, we respect the decisions of families."

So it would seem that Bobby will get his wish. Gender-identity issues are becoming more common, especially among young children--which makes it more likely that the policy of the Girl Scouts will face future tests in the months and years ahead.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

So.. just let the kid go on being gender confused? That sounds pretty fucking stupid.

Comment

In before racrguy!!!

Comment

What the fuck is the Country soming to? This is one reason I dont want to have kids. I don't want to raise children in this shithole society.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          In before racrguy!!!
          You're doing it wrong!

Comment

bullet_driver's son?
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

lol... they just had this episode on "Parks and Recreation"

Comment

Typical shit. They pick a long standing organization that has 1 criteria - and they make a case out of it. But a white guys tries to join NAACP, what do you think would happen?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

somebody get that kid away from those motha fuggin progressive gay ass people. this is dumb and those who think this is ok should be locked up. what the fuck is happening to this country

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Typical shit. They pick a long standing organization that has 1 criteria - and they make a case out of it. But a white guys tries to join NAACP, what do you think would happen?
                    Im a memebr bro naacp is good peoples they like whitey

Comment

Holy wow.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Dallas cowboy fan in the making...

Comment

That kid should be spanked, handed a Daisy air rifle and let go in the woods with some mud and the boy scouts.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            Dallas cowboy fan in the making...

This.....

Comment

So it would seem that Bobby will get his wish. Gender-identity issues are becoming more common, especially among young children--which makes it more likely that the policy of the Girl Scouts will face future tests in the months and years ahead.
                              i wonder if there is a connection between this and the results of pottenger's cat experiments concerning processed foods.

By the end of the third generation the cats had developed degenerative diseases very early in life and some were born blind and weak and had a much shorter life span. Many of the third generation cats couldn't even produce offspring. There was an abundance of parasites and vermin while skin diseases and allergies increased from an incidence of five percent in normal cats to over 90 percent in the third generation of deficient cats. Kittens of the third generation did not survive six months. Bones became soft and pliable and the cats suffered from adverse personality changes. Males became docile while females became more aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X