A little whisky to wash your palette of drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little whisky to wash your palette of drama

My local liquor store just called and said my Stagg was in. Two other lucky bloaks got their bid in the only remaining bottles. They better get them today or they're mine.
    Jenn went ahead and grabbed some rye whisky for a contrast of flavor.

Here's my booty!

In case you missed the Certified For Men label...

Holy shit, that's some potent stuff!

Comment

The taste and finish of both are quite spectacular.

The Stagg:

It isn't as sharp as last year's batch. I fear this bottle won't last as long as they did last year. I might actually put a drop of mineral water with a glass tonight to see how it blossoms. It appears to be a little sweeter, but make no mistake, it is no Maker's Mark when it comes to sweet. My first impression was that it was a greener wood in this batch's barrel. We also had a much drier year, so that has a lot to do with flavor as well.
      Overall, I would say this batch seems refined and sophisticated. Very pleased with my purchase.

The Sazerak by Handy:

A completely different whisky experience as compared to Stagg. Much sweeter, with an extremely mild Scotch finish. When I say mild, I mean that if you had Scotch today you wouldn't notice it. When I say sweet, think fresh corn. (take into account that we're talking hardcore whisky without getting into moonshine)
      It has a bit more dryness to it. There seems to be a bit of fresh grain flavor to it as well, which happens to blend into an excellent finish that makes you want another sip. Another fantastic purchase.

Now I need a cigar to go with them. Don!! I could use some help with my choices.

Comment

Whiskey river, take my mind
        Don't let her memory torture me
        Whiskey river, don't run dry
        You're all I've got, take care of me

You're all I've got, take care, one more time

And don't let her memory torture me

Comment

If Whiskey was a river and I was a duck I would swim to the bottom and never come up.

Comment

NICE!

I have a similar toast to that...

If water was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd swim to the bottom and never come up. But water's not whiskey and I'm not a duck so pass me the bottle and shut the fuck up!
            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

For if we don't find
              The next whiskey bar
              I tell you we must die
              I tell you we must die
              I tell you, i tell you
              i tell you we must die
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Aberlour A'Bunadh is some terrific scotch, my bottle is 121proof.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Are you desirable? Are you irresistible? Maybe if you drank bourbon with me, it would help. Maybe if you kissed me and I could taste the sting in your mouth it would help. If you drank bourbon with me naked. If you smelled of bourbon as you fucked me, it would help. It would increase my esteem for you. If you poured bourbon onto your naked body and said to me "drink this". If you spread your legs and you had bourbon dripping from your breasts and your pussy and said "drink here" then I could fall in love with you. Because then I would have a purpose. To clean you up and that, that would prove that I'm worth something. I'd lick you clean so that you could go away and fuck someone else.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Damn what'd you do go to whisky college, LOL. You are way more commited to drinking then I am, bravo!
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      Are you desirable? Are you irresistible? Maybe if you drank bourbon with me, it would help. Maybe if you kissed me and I could taste the sting in your mouth it would help. If you drank bourbon with me naked. If you smelled of bourbon as you fucked me, it would help. It would increase my esteem for you. If you poured bourbon onto your naked body and said to me "drink this". If you spread your legs and you had bourbon dripping from your breasts and your pussy and said "drink here" then I could fall in love with you. Because then I would have a purpose. To clean you up and that, that would prove that I'm worth something. I'd lick you clean so that you could go away and fuck someone else.
                      One of my favorite movies....

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                        Damn what'd you do go to whisky college, LOL. You are way more commited to drinking then I am, bravo!
                        I take it you didn't notice my constant refilling of a whisky drink while playing COD?

I absolutely love all of the variations of small batches that are non-blended. I would do this with wine, but it gives me a headache. I still love a good red with my steaks, but I prefer whisky.

Comment

Damn, can't even have a whisky thread without mention of Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            Damn, can't even have a whisky thread without mention of Vegas.
                            lol
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                              I take it you didn't notice my constant refilling of a whisky drink while playing COD?

I absolutely love all of the variations of small batches that are non-blended. I would do this with wine, but it gives me a headache. I still love a good red with my steaks, but I prefer whisky.
                              Oh I've noticed, I just didn't know you were such a conniseur(sp)
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X