Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you nervous having your 1st house built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you nervous having your 1st house built?

Today begins the construction on our new home on some land we have owned outright for several years. While it is much bigger than what we have now, its by no means baller status. Refi of the two properties to get these lowest interest rates and turning our current house into rental property is a lot going on at one time and all right here before the holidays. I've always played it safe and not lived beyond our means. Nothing different here. Nonetheless, I can't help but be nervous as it is going to be a big change in our life.

I would be too! Congrats though, even if its not as baller as the rest of us.

I have always been too nervous to have one built, just from the horror stories I've heard.

Comment

if you have a good builder, there's nothing to it! who's your builder?

Comment

Are you a CPA?
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Although I haven't had one built for me but, I was about 50% of the decision making process for my parents new place at the lake. A big part of what we did is getting to know the builder well and really looking at his other properties. We were lucky as he had been building houses in the area for years so we had lots of people to talk to. There were zero complaints and he tended to over-build on everything. The new place took a few months longer than it should but that was because of the weather. The builder made sure to do things right and not skimp to meet a deadline.

Comment

First house I wasn't nervous. Next year I'll be building in CA and spending 3X the amount as house #1. Yes, I'm nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
              I was about 50% of the decision making process for my parents new place
              lol
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                lol
                Sounds retarded I know... But I don't live there my folks just wanted help and liked my ideas.
                Last edited by Treybiz; 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  Are you a CPA?
                  el oh el
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Today begins the construction on our new home on some land we have owned outright for several years. While it is much bigger than what we have now, its by no means baller status. Refi of the two properties to get these lowest interest rates and turning our current house into rental property is a lot going on at one time and all right here before the holidays. I've always played it safe and not lived beyond our means. Nothing different here. Nonetheless, I can't help but be nervous as it is going to be a big change in our life.
                    I know that exact feeling.

Something about having two house notes just doesn't sit right with me.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      Is your dad a CPA?
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Fixed.
                        god damnit
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Its a process for sure, hope you have enough time. You have to pick EVERY single thing. The finished product is worth it though
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

IMO, if you're not nervous you're strange. For must of us working class folks, it's the largest expense we have. It has to be good.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                            X