Most Powerful U.S. Nuclear Bomb Being Dismantled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Because flying an activated and armed nuclear bomb is just a standard drill...lol
    Well, maybe it should be! lol

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      Precision guided ordinance doesn't amount to shit when your opponent decides to up the ante and use city busters on your cities. Having your own city busters is what will prevent your opponent from using them against you.

Since half of the political will in this country is adamantly opposed to any sort of ballistic missile defense system what exactly do you suggest we use as a deterrent against an aggressor who is willing to kill 100 million Americans in one day? Having city busters just gives you more options in dealing with a threat.
      Wow...there is so much wrong with this post, and you are so misinformed, it's pointless to even discuss this with you. Please read up on our defense systems before trying this again.

And the whole idea is to get away from a "you nuke my entire country, I nuke yours."

Comment

Wow...there is so much wrong with this post, and you are so misinformed, it's pointless to even discuss this with you. Please read up on our defense systems before trying this again.

And the whole idea is to get away from a "you nuke my entire country, I nuke yours."
        I don't have to read up on our defense systems; having been a part of them I am quite familiar with them.

We will never be able to get away from the idea of "you nuke my entire country, I nuke yours" without having a ballistic missile defense system that provides complete coverage of the lower 48 and can stop all inbound threats.

You can't counter aggressors with wishful thinking.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I don't have to read up on our defense systems; having been a part of them I am quite familiar with them.
          I don't know when the last time you were, but you may wish to have a refresher.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm not saying RD is wrong. My opinion lies somewhere in between both of yours.

However, shit changes so fast that 1-3 years can be too long to really know what is going on or what the updated doctrine is for a situation.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Current doctrine is simply wishful thinking when it comes to dealing with a broad based nuclear attack; or any nuclear attack for that matter. If an opponent is willing to take what we have left to hit them with in return for nuking us there is nothing we can do to stop the bombs from destroying our cities. We are fighting a battle in our minds with an opponent who lost 20 years ago and forget that new opponents are building up their capabilities as we sit on our hands. I like to call it the suicide of a superpower. At the end of the day force can only be countered with force. The battle is just getting started and there will be many players this time around, not just one like we faced in the past.

We need to be developing and deploying a complete ABM system while we still have the upper hand.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Awesome read, what did you go to pantex for?

Comment

Yeah at the end of the day most of us will probably dead or close to it anyway. Still nice to brainstorm about it a little.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Current doctrine is simply wishful thinking when it comes to dealing with a broad based nuclear attack; or any nuclear attack for that matter. If an opponent is willing to take what we have left to hit them with in return for nuking us there is nothing we can do to stop the bombs from destroying our cities. We are fighting a battle in our minds with an opponent who lost 20 years ago and forget that new opponents are building up their capabilities as we sit on our hands. I like to call it the suicide of a superpower. At the end of the day force can only be countered with force. The battle is just getting started and there will be many players this time around, not just one like we faced in the past.

We need to be developing and deploying a complete ABM system while we still have the upper hand.
                  Holy shit you're off your rocker dude...and not only are you crazy...you have no clue what you're talking about.

Not only does the US have ABM systems all over the world, we are one of 2 countries that can counter ICBMs. And that's the published stuff. Where are you getting your data from? WWII books?

Comment

LMFAO at "crowd pleaser's".

Another excellent post Matt (I just wish it had a point because now I have to go delete any knowledge gained from my head).

Deleting...... {*}

David

Comment

Holy shit you're off your rocker dude...and not only are you crazy...you have no clue what you're talking about.

Not only does the US have ABM systems all over the world, we are one of 2 countries that can counter ICBMs. And that's the published stuff. Where are you getting your data from? WWII books?

We have ABM stuff all over the world that is more proof of concept more so then a functional ABM system. All said we have less then 100 interceptors only a few of which are in an operational posture. We are basically completely defenseless against a real attack.

Comment

We have ABM stuff all over the world that is more proof of concept more so then a functional ABM system. All said we have less then 100 interceptors only a few of which are in an operational posture. We are basically completely defenseless against a real attack.
                        Obama take out Bush's weather machine?

<~~ thinking it would be able to blow a few ICBM's to outer space.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                          Obama take out Bush's weather machine?

<~~ thinking it would be able to blow a few ICBM's to outer space.

David
                          He has no clue what he's talking about. Being wrong already...he's trying to divert to other things...and act like his prior posts don't entirely contradict what he said just now.

Comment

Well I will be more clear about my meaning since you seam to be confused about it.

If China launched a ballistic missile in the next 5 minutes aimed at a city on the west coast we would only be able to watch it hit whatever it is aimed at. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop it.

If Russia made an over the north pole ballistic missile attack today against any of the lower 48 states there is absolutely nothing that we have that will intercept the incoming warhead/warheads.

If North Korea were to fire a ballistic missile towards any of our bases in or around Japan we would have a VERY slim chance of bring it down.Failing that it would hit what ever it is aimed at so long as the missile itself doesn't break down on the way to it's target.

We have an ABM system in name only and none of it is guarding the US of A. The only thing that protects us from an attack is our ability to strike back.

We did have a limited nation wide ABM system that just started working in the 1970s but one of Carters first orders was to shut it down. The no nuke crowd didn't like the fact that our anti ballistic missile missiles used an atom bomb for a warhead. The radar systems and computers from this system are still functional and are at the Cavalier Air Force Station in ND.

For fun you should google "Sprint Missile"; it was a point defense missile that had a range of about 40 miles and accelerated at 200Gs at launch and had an overall average acceleration curve of almost 100Gs. Its top speed was around 8,000 MPH and it got there in under 4 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                            X