Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about buying a new (to me) car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about buying a new (to me) car..

Looking into selling my 02 GT and grabbing an 03-04 Mach1. This will mainly be weekend driver/toy car that will get mods and probably a turbo down the road..

My question is knowing that it will be modded would you look for one that already has some mods that one would guess probably has some hard driven miles on the motor but cheaper or look for one stock low mileage but spend the extra money n it..

For example looking the auto trader i Found an 04 for $11000 that has 102k miles on it but comes with full exhaust(LTB headers), springs, drag radials and an uninstalled procharger. and a sound system which i dont care about..
    or

03 that is mostly stock but has JLT intake but just over 16k miles.. asking $17000

Just curious on which people would recommend..

Stock
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Stock and jew em down DFWmustang style.

Comment

sell 02 GT, ride bicycle till you can afford a fox + 15k in mods.
        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
          sell 02 GT, ride bicycle till you can afford a new 5.0.
          Fixed!

Comment

Stock

FYI check for cylinder head tick on #8

Comment

For that money, 03 04 cobra with low miles

Comment

Yeah Im not looking to spend 17k on it just using that as an example.. Im really leaning twards 12k or under but those are higher mileage of course.

Thanks for the feed back

Comment

There is a 1 owner dsg 04 at bankston chevy in fort worth. 15.8, 38k on it, might be willing to deal on it

I got mine w/ 78k on it for right around what you are wanting to spend. Lightly modded, all depends on how the PO took care of the car

If I had known that base 2012 GTs could be had for below 26k, I would have just saved up for a few more months.

Comment

Then again, if I was planning on going turbo, I would just keep the 02 and start building that.

Comment

Some mods are ok.. but drag radials on the car should be an instant red flag.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

C5 corvette
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                          Then again, if I was planning on going turbo, I would just keep the 02 and start building that.

I was thinking of doing that but have heard a lot of stuff about 2v not producing the power for the money.. so decided on 4v instead..

Comment

Working...
                          X