Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After two visits to Raising Cane's, I'm out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After two visits to Raising Cane's, I'm out.

I heard some hype so when they opened, I had to try it out. Went to the HWY26 location on their second business day. I was not impressed. I felt my expectations may have been too high so we had it again today. Underwhelming is about the best review I can give. Dry strips with pepper flavored batter, hard, dry, frozen crinkle cut fries, mayo style cole slaw, soggy texas toast, and a colored dipping sauce that tastes like cream gravy with a bunch of pepper in it. (I'm not complaining about the pepper flavor. I use pepper way more than salt and more than any other spice.) I'll bet that if someone was blindfolded and served this food, they would not like the taste of it. Our usual chicken strip choice is Chicken Express. There is one close to work and we have gone there for years but a few months ago, the quality seemed to have gone down so we now drive over to Euless when we get Chicken Express since that store seems to have much better food and has a few more choices than the Bedford location.
    I realize that these places are not fine dining but I think the food should at least taste like what it is supposed to be.
    Raising Cane's is not horrible, there are just better alternatives. I'm out.

they are the In and Out version with Chicken... which means always packed and overrated cause of the name.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I'm right there with ya. I can't stand the food there.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
        they are the In and Out version with Chicken... which means always packed and overrated cause of the name.
        Yep.

Comment

Love me some CXPS strips and mashed taters...

mardyn

Comment

Ha, just heard of them for the first time today when I saw they are building one on Cooper in Arlington.

Comment

I like Raising Canes but I can not stand chicken express. The dipping sauce at raising canes makes it good. I learned about Raising Canes years ago in college. When it first came to Ruston (Louisiana Tech) everybody was going crazy and it would stay packed all day.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I have only been there once. Everything on the menu is fried except for the cole slaw and the toast. I don't like spraying mud out of my ass so I don't eat that junk.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I went there the other day. I could not agree more.

The strips and fries had zero flavor. I heard the gravy was 'the shit' but I think it's just a normal cream gravy with vinegar/peppers in it. Not a real enticing combo.

But it was cheap. I have no reason to ever go back.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Like I mentioned in another thread, I have been in there many times, but never eaten there. Im not a chicken strip guy. They don't appear to do things any differently than anyone else. It's still a plain old chicken strip.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The sauce is more of a spicy-mayo concoction than it is a gravy. If you think it is supposed to be like gravy than you will be very dissapointed.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Funny this thread came up... I had Chicken Express for the first (and last) time today because....
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I don't like spraying mud out of my ass
                        I've done this twice in the past 2 hours, only it has resembled more of a muddy colored water texture than just mud...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          Funny this thread came up... I had Chicken Express for the first (and last) time today because....

I've done this twice in the past 2 hours, only it has resembled more of a muddy water texture than just mud...
                          That shit at chicken express is nasty. Only thing decent there is the cheddar peppers or corn nuggets.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

I've done this twice in the past 2 hours, only it has resembled more of a muddy colored water texture than just mud...
                            Pics?

Comment

4 tender meal with poppers and a sweet tea will net you abou 1400 calories. I'm trying to not be a fat ass now

Comment

Working...
                              X