No announcement yet.

What, no McRib thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven't had one of those since i was a kid...i'm pretty sure that they're not any kind of rib meat, and i can't really tell what they are exactly, so i just leave 'em alone!

Comment

Since we're all going to jump on the "ZOMG MEET PASTE" bandwagon...

Comment

Never had one - never will.

Extruded pork parts is really fucking low on my "will eat" list. A real pork sandwich is about the same price from any BBQ shop so McDonalds can keep their shit.

(typed as I eat a McGriddle and a McD's breakfast burrito)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          Never had one - never will.

Extruded pork parts is really fucking low on my "will eat" list. A real pork sandwich is about the same price from any BBQ shop so McDonalds can keep their shit.

(typed as I eat a McGriddle and a McD's breakfast burrito while I'm driving)
          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            Bcoop... you are the one who mentioned Arby's beef starts out as a liquid correct? Anychance you have any proof, I can not get anyone to believe me.

Edit: nevermind.. http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp

Back to those nasty looking McRibs ( I have never tried one but they look gross).
            Tell them to go tour the Cargill plant where it's "manufactured"

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Fixed.
              :P I rode the bike in today - had to wait til I got to work to stuff my face.

Comment

Bcoop... you are the one who mentioned Arby's beef starts out as a liquid correct? Anychance you have any proof, I can not get anyone to believe me.

Edit: nevermind.. http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp

Back to those nasty looking McRibs ( I have never tried one but they look gross).
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

First off, Snopes should be ashamed of themselves. You don't go to the CEO of a company, and expect him to be 100% honest. People don't admit this kind of stuff until they've been caught red handed. See: Jack in the Box horse meat/kangaroo debacle of the 80s. The CEO of Sybra (Arby's), was very clever in his wording. He's not "technically" lying, but he's lying by omission.

Mike is correct. I'd like to see Cargill's response to the same questions they posed to the CEO. While it wouldn't be a full admission, it would most certainly be a different response than what Sybra claims. It's very little beef, beef broth, but mostly fillers, and a bonding agent, likely Fibrimex.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Since we're all going to jump on the "ZOMG MEET PASTE" bandwagon...

http://www.wat.tv/video/meat-industr...zt_31wod_.html
                I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or what. But Fibrimex is very real, and is used by every major beef packer in America. Those cute little individually packaged bacon wrapped filets in grocery stores, that resemble hockey pucks..... That's made with Fibrimex. It's not a filet, and in a lot of cases, not even tenderloin meat. Fibrimex provides a product that beef packers can use, to turn their waste (scraps) in to profit.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  First off, Snopes should be ashamed of themselves. You don't go to the CEO of a company, and expect him to be 100% honest. People don't admit this kind of stuff until they've been caught red handed. See: Jack in the Box horse meat/kangaroo debacle of the 80s. The CEO of Sybra (Arby's), was very clever in his wording. He's not "technically" lying, but he's lying by omission.

Mike is correct. I'd like to see Cargill's response to the same questions they posed to the CEO. While it wouldn't be a full admission, it would most certainly be a different response than what Sybra claims. It's very little beef, beef broth, but mostly fillers, and a bonding agent, likely Fibrimex.

I believe you but without any proof I am going to stop trying to tell other people.

You got to understand that when I say " Some guy on dfwmustangs, who works in the food industry, told me so", they are hesistant to believe me. lol
                  It is not exactly the best basis for an argument.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I believe you but without any proof I am going to stop trying to tell other people.

You got to understand that when I say " Some guy on dfwmustangs, who works in the food industry, told me so", they are hesistant to believe me. lol
                    I understand. I'm not providing solid proof though, as I like my job

Comment

Do you frequently have arguments about Arbys to where you need a credible source?

Comment

Not even to mention you sound like you have cerebral palsy in a non debate format conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Do you frequently have arguments about Arbys to where you need a credible source?
                          No, I was just discussing with my in laws when an Arby's commercial came on the other night.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I sure could go for a nice pulled pork sammich right now.

Comment

No, I was just discussing with my in laws when an Arby's commercial came on the other night.

I've got a visual of this and for some reason it has me rolling with laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                I sure could go for a nice pulled pork sammich right now.
                                Should have shown up Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X