Migraine sufferers, please come in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraine sufferers, please come in...

So, apparently my body has just recently decided that migraines are awesome! I had never had one in my life until about 6 months ago, then hadn't had any again until recently. I have gone TWO freaking days in the past 3 1/2 weeks without a headache and on 10/14, I had to go back to the ER.

They did a CT scan again, found no aneurysm, bleeding, fluid leaking or mass/tumor so they said it was another migraine. They pumped me full of Dilaudid, Zofran, Benedryl and some other pain med that starts with a 'T' so it finally went away, but came back about 8 hours later when the meds wore off.

I have an appt. with my PCP tomorrow to talk about preventative meds to take, so I'm wondering if anyone is (or has been) on any of them and if you have any feedback. I am doing some research now, but thought I would ask about first hand experience. I'm really tired of having headaches.

TIA!
    Leah
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Sorry to hear about the suffering.

here comes the you need more penis jokes.

Comment

You should try some meth!

Comment

I have always taken 2 migraine advils and a cup of straight coffee. It works for me 99% of the time and I have had these as far back as I can remember. Most of mine are caused by stress. Being the last 3 weeks it might be weather related. To me sinus headaches are the worse they linger and nothing works on them for me.

Comment

My wife has the same problem. They go away and then come back, she was diagnose with lupus last year which they told her had something to due with the migraines. She has other problems too but the migraines bother her the most, she has a flare up under stress.
          sigpic
          1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
          1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

Imatrex worked well on mine for a while. But it would knock me out for a day...much better than the pain. Not that you want to keep having them, but you will start to notice the onset much sooner and can get a preventative med in you. I hated taking something everyday. So.....I didn't.

I have suffered since I was about 5. I remember going in and having electrodes glued all over my head and then laying on a bed for a really long time while they tried to figure out what the problem was.

Now I am a huge supporter of Excedrin migraine. If I can catch them in time, 2 of these at the onset along with a high dose of caffiene cuts it to the core.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with these....hopefully your body figures out that they suck and it stops soon!!!

Comment

Try ergot treatments, e.g. LSD

Comment

You need a food diary. You have a trigger. Be very careful about your caffeine intake in the mean time.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

They started happeneing to my wife a few months ago. She went to the doctor and it ended up being allergies and dust. She gave her a nose spray and told her when she feels it coming on to use a netty (sp?) pot to flush out her sinuses.

Now when she feels she might be getting one she uses the netty pot and it goes away instantly. She quit using the nose spray.

Washing the nose out with a salt water solution is much better than putting more drugs into our bodies if it works. Cheap enough to try.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I hear more penis, and not leaving the kitchen so much will help. That said, look at that beautiful family!

Last edited by Leah; 10-24-2011, 06:34 PM.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      You need a food diary. You have a trigger. Be very careful about your caffeine intake in the mean time.
                      She has been eating a lot of Brent's meat, hmmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
                        Imatrex worked well on mine for a while. But it would knock me out for a day...much better than the pain. Not that you want to keep having them, but you will start to notice the onset much sooner and can get a preventative med in you. I hated taking something everyday. So.....I didn't.

I have suffered since I was about 5. I remember going in and having electrodes glued all over my head and then laying on a bed for a really long time while they tried to figure out what the problem was.

Now I am a huge supporter of Excedrin migraine. If I can catch them in time, 2 of these at the onset along with a high dose of caffiene cuts it to the core.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with these....hopefully your body figures out that they suck and it stops soon!!!
                        x2 for imatrex. if I don't have any with me it's 2 excedrine migraine and 800mg (4 pills) ibuprofen.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          She has been eating a lot of Brent's meat, hmmmmm...
                          I can't blame her. Look at that handsome mother fucker! Look at him!
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've had migraines since I was about 14, with the aura in my eye. Never found anything to knock it back aside from hydrocodone. They usually last 2-3 days. Stay out of the light, sleep as much as possible. Yale is right, you've possibly developed a food allergy. Pork and chocolate are two common triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              i hear more penis, and not leaving the kitchen so much will help. That said, look at that beautiful family!

lmao!

Comment

Working...
                              X