What kind of dog is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of dog is this?

This is a stray that wandered up into a family members yard. It looks to me like it has some Boxer in it, but is it a mutt or what? And is there and way to tell how big this dog will eventually get? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Part boxer, part ratsnake?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Poor thing looks thin for a pup. Take him to a vet or craigs list him.

Comment

idk but i want it lol

Comment

Originally posted by joezgarage View Post
          And is there and way to tell how big this dog will eventually get?
          Dr. Pepper can?

A good indicator for a dogs potential size can some times be determined by paw size. Hard to tell from the pics, but I wouldnt think that dog would be more than a "medium" sized dog at best. Good looking pup for sure. He does seem skinny.

Comment

She was very skinny when she wandered into the yard. We believe it was an abandoned dog (outside the city limits). Her ribs were showing and she looked tired and scared. Good new is that she is eating well, playing with the kids, and barking normally. I think we are on the right track, but I'm trying to figure out if this is going to be a 25 lb dog or a 100 lb dog.

Comment

I would not think more than 60.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                Part boxer, part ratsnake?
                +1 on rat snake
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Looks like it has boxer in it. I wouldn't think it would get much bigger than 50lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                    I would not think more than 60.
                    Agreed. Great job in taking it in and taking care of it. Need more people like u
                    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Go get it checked out by a vet and ask them. Lot's of deadly diseases out there for unprotected pups. Many of which can be treated if caught early. I'd hate for your family to get really attached to it just to find out too late that its seriously ill.

Comment

Originally posted by joezgarage View Post
                        This is a stray that wandered up into a family members yard. It looks to me like it has some Boxer in it, but is it a mutt or what? And is there and way to tell how big this dog will eventually get? Thanks in advance for all the help.

looks mixed breed
                        I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

a cold dog

Comment

Looks to me blackmouth cur/pitt, damn good dog. I have one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
                              Go get it checked out by a vet and ask them. Lot's of deadly diseases out there for unprotected pups. Many of which can be treated if caught early. I'd hate for your family to get really attached to it just to find out too late that its seriously ill.
                              x2 i almost had a puppy die because of parvo. had to feed it pedialyte and gerber baby food through an oral syringe until he could eat on his own again

Comment

Working...
                              X