Quake in SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
    Fuck San Antonio got no play. Fifty miles south of SA there was a 4.8 quake this morning about 7:24am.

I was on the second floor at work and the floor and my cabinet start to vibrate and lasted about 20sec.

I go we just had a quake.. 5mins later it was all over local news

Comment

Well I missed that and I got to WFAA daily

Comment

Yeah, it was on Fox 4 also, that's how I found out about it.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Surreal experience, isn't it?

Comment

I would rather go through an earth quake then a tornado any day of the week.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

And another 4.2 about 2 minutes ago. Shook the table a bit...but not nearly as noticeable as when I was in a high rise.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                And another 4.2 about 2 minutes ago. Shook the table a bit...but not nearly as noticeable as when I was in a high rise.
                I'd freak the hell out with that going on in a high-rise. I've been through multiple tornados, and I'd much prefer to endure those than a quake.

Be honest, Jody.... Did you need to change your shorts?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I'd freak the hell out with that going on in a high-rise. I've been through multiple tornados, and I'd much prefer to endure those than a quake.

Be honest, Jody.... Did you need to change your shorts?
                  My job before going to B school, we had a guy who was 6'5'' 400 lbs in the office. You could feel him walking around the office. The first couple seconds today honestly felt like that. When it kept going, then the building started noticeably swaying/shaking, we knew it was a quake. By the time I figured out what was going on, it was over within 2 seconds. The one a minute ago hit as I was posting something sitting at my table. My wife was standing right next to me...she didn't feel it. I felt it because I felt the table shaking. Honestly, we have like 200 quakes a week here, you just don't feel them. Anything under a 6.0 is benign I'm told... it's just "weird" to actually feel a couple.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Can't believe I didn't catch that. I must be getting old.
                    You are old.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                      You are old.

Hey. Fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Hey. Fuck you.
                        I assume you're up at 5:37AM to go to work. That confirms it, if you were 22 you would never get up that early, lol.

Don't feel bad I'm old too
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I'm roughly 100 miles from this epicenter and I didn't even notice a thing.

7.6 earthquake hits Turkey, up to 1,000 feared killed

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            I'm roughly 100 miles from this epicenter and I didn't even notice a thing.

7.6 earthquake hits Turkey, up to 1,000 feared killed
                            http://news.yahoo.com/magnitude-7-6-...105909849.html
                            That's suprising, you must have been on your feet and moving about to not have felt anything from that close.

Comment

We've been pretty busy around here, getting things wrapped up and shipped off. Very preoccupied, but some people were talking about it at chow time. That's what got me to go look it up. It was definately not anything to write home about (from our side) as that there wasn't any reported damage or injuries. The pictures coming in from Turkey and as far south as Mosul are crazy, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                                I assume you're up at 5:37AM to go to work. That confirms it, if you were 22 you would never get up that early, lol.

Don't feel bad I'm old too

Ain't it a bitch? 35 this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X