Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's "must see" in Tennessee (Memphis/Nashville)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's "must see" in Tennessee (Memphis/Nashville)?

Heading up to visit family about 80 miles south of Chicago for TG. The wife and I decided to take an extra day or two getting up there to check out some stuff on the way, mainly in Tennessee. Right now, here was what I was thinking:

Graceland
    Jack Daniels Distillery (Lynchburg-1.5 hr south of Nashville)
    Grand Ole Opry

Anything else worth seeing (or not worth seeing in what I have listed)? Any must go places to eat?

You got pretty much everything listed already, maybe get some BBQ
    Last edited by Wicked98Snake; 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Tennessee sucks. I fly in to Nashville a couple times a year, as we have a factory in Parsons. Other than the distilleries, fuck that place. Nashville may be different, but I don't think so, because it's Bible Belt bullshit. In Parsons (tiny town), there is only one place that serves liquor. They are closed on Sundays. Only one place in town serves beer, and it's a buffet pizza place. At 6:00 pm on Sunday, they will come grab the beer off your table whether you are done with it or not. Granted it's a small town, but we were lead to believe that was the law in TN. Everyone we called/talked to looked at us like WE were crazy for wanting to drink on a Sunday. 3 coworkers and I ended up joining the Moose Lodge (#2091) in Lexington, which is 20 mins away from Parsons just so we could drink booze, and do it on a Sunday. We spend our nights there when we are in town.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Don't make any wrong turns in Nashville.

Comment

Spend a night on Broadway in Nashville. Whiskey Bent, Paradise Park, etc. They all have live bands that play for tips. Lots of good music around there.

Comment

Graceland

Comment

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
              Graceland
              Definitely this. I got the top "entourage" deal. You leave earlier than the regular crowd which gives you time to mill around and not have to be herded around with the masses as well as getting to see a few extra rooms (can't see the bedroom or bathroom) and the personal jets. Even though I'm not really an Elvis fan it was interesting nonetheless.

Comment

beale street, graceland, gibson guitar museum. check for any shows they are having there that might interest you. we saw Jr. Brown there and its a great place to see a show.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Beale Street in Memphis was a good time.

Comment

PM Elvis for the hotspots. He knows Tennessee like the back of my hand

Comment

Fuck Memphrica

Comment

Dollywood

Comment

Sitting in Nashville right now... I can tell you what motherfucking hotel NOT to stay in....

I hate this town and I've been here 1.5 hours.

Comment

Avoid the Hooters by the airport, woof!! And avoid the hooters downtown, pay to park. I'll be flying into Nashville in a few weeks, but spending my time at Ft. Campbell, KY. Now THAT place is a shit hole.
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Memphis is a toilet!

And that's being very disrespectful to toilets!

Comment

Working...
                              X