Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigerian scammer in Mesquite selling cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigerian scammer in Mesquite selling cars.

I just wanted this out there for anyone shopping for a cheap car in the DFW area. More specifically the Mesquite area. If you are looking for a car stay away from this scammer. I dont wanna see anyone on here have to deal with this crap and lose out on their cash.

His name is Timothy Ogunlana.
    2436 Cantura Dr. Mesquite, TX.
    972-805-7157

He has a tire and repair shop on Elam Rd that is yellow with red trim.

I bought an Accord from him last month on the 18th. Nice enough car but I was getting concerned when I saw it had 190K (claimed it had 140k) and that its AC didn't blow cold (said it did) and had some other minor issues when he said it was perfect. Car was in great mechanical shape though and had new tires and brakes. So we start to negotiate and I can barley understand him or his brother. Nigerian accent made it almost impossible to communicate. We come to a deal and he comes out with a bill of sale, no title. He says he just got the car last week on trade for another car and just switched the title but will have it on Tuesday (this was a Sunday) and swore he would next day it to me.

OK, now I am ready to walk. I talk with my buddy cause we been searching all week and it really was the nicest car of all we saw for the best price. Could see the guy owned the tire/repair shop and has many many cars for sale at the shop. Had all his info...... decided to take a chance even though I knew better.

Tuesday comes and goes, no title. No title all week. No title next week. No title the week after. Finally he says he has it but now wont send it to me unless I send him the plates. So I send them certified, signature required. I see he received the plates and he signed for them. He claims never to have received them. After many calls to the Post Master and the Nigerian all week he admits he "found" them. Then says on Tuesday he will next day the title to me. Of course I still don't have it and cant understand the ass hat on the phone but it seems he is saying "Monday I send" or something like that.

Looks like I will have to take the bill of sale to the DMV and get a duplicate now. I bet I find its a salvaged or stolen title.
    After spending several hundred to make everything work properly I just know I am gonna lose cash on the resale of this thing.

Anyway, Its my fault for believing him and trusting a Nigerian. Stupid stupid stupid. I knew better then to trust a Nigerian cause they are all scammers.
    Is it still a stereotype if its true?
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

You shoulda known better hes nigerian.

Comment

Didn't you recently take advantage of a DFWMustangs member? Karma.

Comment

Why do people hand money over without valid titles in exchange? I can understand if the bank has a lein but a TIRE SHOP??!!

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
            Didn't you recently take advantage of a DFWMustangs member? Karma.
            No I didnt. Some people are of that opinion even though when shown they were wrong decided to still believe that. Thats fine, people are allowed to have their opinion. The actual parties involved know what the truth is.

But alas this is not about anything but warning others on here about a seller in Dallas area. I dont want to see anyone get screwed over and that includes you.
            Just wanted to let people on here know although most are smart enough not to deal with Nigerians. (not refering to African Americans in general by any means, only actual people of Nigeria).
            Trying not to buy into a sterotype took a chance. I made the wrong decision.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Why do people hand money over without valid titles in exchange? I can understand if the bank has a lein but a TIRE SHOP??!!
              Yeah, my stupidity. I have never done it before but for some stupid reason I wanted to trust the guy and to disprove a stereotype.

As it seems, stereotypes exist for a reason.

Comment

My dad is friends with a bunch of African refugees, and it's hilarious how much they hate Nigerians. That said, you caused this problem for yourself by trusting another human being when money was involved.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I say go up there and kick some Nigerian ass like a real man would.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                    I say go up there and kick some Nigerian ass like a real man would.
                    Unfortunatly there is a half dozen of them there so I would get my arse kicked. I was thinking of loading the truck up with some friends but decided against it because what would it accomplish really? Ill just get a duplicate. I saw the reg and its in his name and saw his license and the info matched.

I just know better for next time.

Comment

I don't care if it was a low-mile, three-year old Viper for $10,000. You don't EVER buy a car when conditions like this aren't right. I bet you won't get a title on this.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                        Unfortunatly there is a half dozen of them there so I would get my arse kicked. I was thinking of loading the truck up with some friends but decided against it because what would it accomplish really? Ill just get a duplicate. I saw the reg and its in his name and saw his license and the info matched.

I just know better for next time.
                        So, all of his other info (registration and whatnot) matched up, there are a half dozen of them there to sign for something and mis-place it, and you think he's scamming you based solely off of his laziness and your gullible mindset.

Gotcha.

Comment

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            So, all of his other info (registration and whatnot) matched up, there are a half dozen of them there to sign for something and mis-place it, and you think he's scamming you based solely off of his laziness and your gullible mindset.

Gotcha.
                            The plates were sent to his house, not shop. The signature conformation shows his name as well.

I call him a scammer because:
                            He claimed car had 140k, it had 190k
                            Said AC worked, AC did not work. Works now.
                            Said car had no issues at all, car overheated a little not 5 miles away and trans started to slip. Those issues are now fixed as well.
                            He said he would have the title in one or two days and would next day it to me via FedEx. While it took a little longer to get the title he then renigged on his verbal agreement to send me the title the next day and refused to send it till he got the plates back. We had agreed to leave the plates on till I got the title. He recieved the plates and signed for them yet claimed they never showed for a few more days. Then said he was sending the title. Still hasnt been sent 5 days latter.

Do you "gotme" now?

Comment

Yeah, good luck getting a duplicate title unless you have a power of attorney. A bill of sale means nothing in the great state of Texas. Without that title, you are screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X