Another Gas Price whining thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to get a train job.

Each dime for my household is around $6 a week, but if you break down our total monthly fuel bill it is knocking on $900. That is $900 that is going nowhere else in the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      A few bucks a week hurts you that bad. I think people put way to much time and effort worrying about gas prices. So if gas jumps 30 cents over night it's going to cost an extra $6 or $7 to fill up. Big deal. People spend more than that downloading ring tones and bullshit apps for their phones.
      You're totally missing the train on this. It's not just that gas has gone from less than two bucks a gallon to almost four, it's also that everything else has gone up as well. Stopped for a hamburger last week and a double meat was almost eight fucking dollars! Eight bucks!

When EVERYTHING goes up, it adds up. And THAT is what hurts...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        You're totally missing the train on this. It's not just that gas has gone from less than two bucks a gallon to almost four, it's also that everything else has gone up as well. Stopped for a hamburger last week and a double meat was almost eight fucking dollars! Eight bucks!

It does hurt those that don't have a lot of money. I don't like seeing people struggle like that. I say cut opecs nuts run the rigs on LNG first and see how it works

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          It does hurt those that don't have a lot of money. I don't like seeing people struggle like that. I say cut opecs nuts run the rigs on LNG first and see how it works
          Hell, I'm struggling to get my business going strong, and every dollar counts, especially when you have to drive as much as I do.

I feel it! Sooo wish we had a government that was actually of and for the people...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Paid $2.96 up here.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

He really IS missing the point, not only does the cost of everything go up, but employers are making less due to increased cost of fuel and materials, etc, and when your boss/company starts losing profits, they will start cutting costs, meaning less raises, cutting corners, etc. The price of oil has it's finger in everything, not just $6 extra at a fill-up.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Iran is almost immune to air attacks on its facilty at Qum if not already. I dont think the Israeli's are gong to wait much longer.

Comment

My new DD.. hope to save a bunch!!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                    My new DD.. hope to save a bunch!!

I guess you won't be needing to turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      He really IS missing the point, not only does the cost of everything go up, but employers are making less due to increased cost of fuel and materials, etc, and when your boss/company starts losing profits, they will start cutting costs, meaning less raises, cutting corners, etc. The price of oil has it's finger in everything, not just $6 extra at a fill-up.

Stevo
                      You forget, he works for the union and gets choochoo money. He isn't affected by all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                        he made a chicken salad out of chicken shit...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          Lean, baby, lean!!!
                          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                          X