Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment fron some Nut Bag at our apartment

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice on the following...

My fiancee, myself, and 2 kiddos live in an apartment in the mid-cities.

The last few nights we have had some nut bag rap on our patio sliding glass door twice. Both at about the 2 to 3am time frame.

The first night I wasn't home due to a crazy work schedule and my fiancee was up late watching Netflix.

The first night, Tuesday, she was all alone with the kids and she hears a LOUD knocking on the patio sliding glass door. She thought it was me coming home and screwing with her so she threw open the curtains to see some strange guy.

He proceeds to tell her that she's hot and he's going to come in.

She freaks out, dials 911 and the dude scats.

Cops basically tell her that since its an apartment, the patio is actually considered communal property, and unless he actually comes in, there's not much they can do.

Then last night, about 2am... I'm home and sleeping upstairs and up comes my girl freaking out that the dude was knocking again...

I decide that the confrontation should be outside so I slide on some pants and a shirt... go outside... and the dude has scrammed again.

I frequently work late and we have a small chick and 2 small kiddos in the apartment and now we have some nut bag getting his jollies freaking her out.

She now feels unsafe in her home and we can't legally do anything unless he comes in.

I'm going to go ahead and get one of those inexpensive apartment security systems and install a motion sensor light on the patio if the landlord is OK with it.

We've got the standard Louisville Slugger and some mace for personal protection, but I'm thinking about getting another firearm. (It's been almost 2 decades since I've seen any range time and I gave my mom my old Glock.)

Any other ideas would be appreciated cause this is insane for my lady and the last thing I need is for her and the kids to be scared in their own house.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gargamel; 12-03-2010, 11:01 AM.

dumb question...is your patio enclosed?

if so, next time sneak out the front door, head around back, catch him in the act and fuck his world up the way only Uncle Louis can....then drag him inside and call the cops
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Keep a camera near the door and take a mug shot of him

Comment

next time as she opens the blinds have a camera in one hand and snap a picture of his face. pick you up a handgun first and have it in her back pocket in case that makes him mad and he decides to come inside to get the camera.

jsut saying, i would have ran out there in my drawers. this is very dangerous, and you should treat it as so. your family needs you to.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Its enclosed by a very small privacy fence. Easy to jump over or open....

Comment

Invite him in and introduce him to the bat and pepper spay.
            I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
              Invite him in and empty the clip.
              Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
                put a lock on the gate if thats how he is coming in. also i would prolly take up carpentry and accidently leave a sheet of plywood full of nails facing up if he is just jumping the small fence. DNA and a photo, i think they should be able to find him if that didnt give him the hint.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
                  Damn, so this dude is jumping the wall/fence to get on your balcony? I was assuming it was just an open 1st floor patio area. That's insane... I'd definitely stay up and wait for his ass tonight if I were you!

Comment

Post pics of your girl!!

As far as the bad guy spray his ass through the door then drag him inside!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Keep a camera near the door and take a mug shot of him
                      This, but keep in mind that if you use a flash, you will likely only see a reflection of the flash. No flash & your image will be blurred from the exposure time. I'd keep the porch lit & dark inside for good visibility & a video cam so you don't have flash reflection or blurring issues.

Personally, I think that the wife & I would be @ the gun store today, followed immidiately by some range time. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                        put a lock on the gate if thats how he is coming in. Also i would prolly take up carpentry and accidently leave a sheet of plywood full of nails facing up if he is just jumping the small fence. Dna and a photo, i think they should be able to find him if that didnt give him the hint.

God bless.

nice!!

Comment

shoot first ask questions later

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            next time as she opens the blinds have a camera in one hand and snap a picture of his face. pick you up a handgun first and have it in her back pocket in case that makes him mad and he decides to come inside to get the camera.

jsut saying, i would have ran out there in my drawers. this is very dangerous, and you should treat it as so. your family needs you to.

god bless.
                            I agree its very dangerous and I'm taking this very seriously....
                            The flip side of this is that its people like this which makes me lose faith in humanity as a whole... I mean really, THIS is your entertainment?
                            Scaring a woman and her 2 kids at 2 in the morning... Friggin pisses me off when I think about it too much.

Anyway, the only thing we can think of is that my fiancee is the assistant manager at the property and the dude may be related or a friend to some a-hole ex-tenant that she has dealt with.

Other than that we can see no reason why she would be the only target out of the entire complex other than she is just an attractive female that he may have thought lived by herself.

One way or another this is gonna get settled cause him coming back a second time shows me that direct intervention will be required.....

Comment

Originally posted by cde21 View Post
                              Damn, so this dude is jumping the wall/fence to get on your balcony? I was assuming it was just an open 1st floor patio area. That's insane... I'd definitely stay up and wait for his ass tonight if I were you!
                              It is on the first floor... just a small privacy fence...

Comment

Working...
                              X