Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here have a parent that lives with them ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here have a parent that lives with them ?

Curious how it works out ?
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

since my father in law passed away about 4 months ago my mother in law has lived with us.

she doesn't work (disabled due to cancer) she doesn't do alot around the house to help, doesn't pitch in to pay for anything. maybe once a week she will cook dinner.

I'd charge my own family and parents to live in my house so I'm not the best case to ask probably but I feel like if you are going to live under my roof you are going to help in one way or another.. but that's just me
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I like my parents right where there at. In Alabama!!!!! Hell I love my Mom. But we are so much alike we have a two day limit with each other
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
        Curious how it works out ?
        Sometimes your mom lives with me. LOL

J/K

Seriously though all my family lives in Michigan and it's nice to have them visit but we couldn't live together or someone would be murdered in their sleep.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          since my father in law passed away about 4 months ago my mother in law has lived with us.

she doesn't work (disabled due to cancer) she doesn't do alot around the house to help, doesn't pitch in to pay for anything. maybe once a week she will cook dinner.

I'd charge my own family and parents to live in my house so I'm not the best case to ask probably but I feel like if you are going to live under my roof you are going to help in one way or another.. but that's just me
          I sense frustration in this one.

Comment

My mother has lived with my wife and I for over 10 years. The only reason she does is money.

She has always spent more than my dad ever made. My dad passed in 1997 and it took about 3 years for her to sell a paid off house and blow through all the money.

I bought a second small house about 1 mile from where I live and had her and my sister living in it for about 5 years. My sister is also horrible with money, ever heard the term "ninja rich" ?? All they had to do was pay the utilites and they could have lived there till they die. Asking way too much ??? Just tired of my mom pissing away what little she gets every month from SS.

Anyway, this story goes longer than anybody cares about.

I have come to the point where I need to tell my mother she needs to go live somewhere else.

ALWAYS PLAN FOR YOUR RETIREMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL BE HERE SOONER THEN YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
              Sometimes your mom lives with me. LOL

J/K

Seriously though all my family lives in Michigan and it's nice to have them visit but we couldn't live together or someone would be murdered in their sleep.
              Good to know im not the only one here on this board who has family like that. My whole family is mean though. Last family gtg we had ended up with all the guys in a fight. But we all love each other!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
                ALWAYS PLAN FOR YOUR RETIREMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL BE HERE SOONER THEN YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!
                Words of wisdom right here.

My grandmother just put her husband (not my grandfather) in a nursing home. She has to spend half of her assets on his care before medicaid steps in. They are not wealthy, with about $65K in liquid assets and $40K in real property.

Even if you save for retirement, at a certain age you are going to have to spend a significant amount of money on a nursing home. It can easily be $3,000 a month or more. It takes quite a nest egg to throw off that kind of no risk cash.

I know this sounds crazy but I'm honestly thinking that if I get to that age, say 80 or 85 where it is about time to hang it up and hit the old folks home, that I'll just blow my brains out, or take a bunch of pills and OD to keep the money and pass it on. Or drive a car off a cliff, hell that sounds cool.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

My mother in law has lived with me and the wife for three years. We get along fine she helps with the bills, cooks for us a few days a week, and stays out of me and the wifes business

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I sense frustration in this one.
                    winner winner chicken dinner.... its not horrible.. but not the way I would like things to be

an additional note... she still pays for her own house and bills each month. she just doesn't want to stay there over night...usually when we get up to go to work she gets up and goes to her house to "get things packed up" well we went by there the other day and it looks like she has worked on it about 2 days

a good part about it is that after we put the baby down at 7:30p we can leave if we want because her mom is there while the baby is sleeping..
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                    X