• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    An expert has arrived.
    This week save 10 % of my consultation fees

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      I'm sure the timing has to do with the fact that he just finally paid the ticket.

Wrong. They just now issued the ticket. Can you read?

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      Surcharges!
      This. Jeff, your "friend" is going to have surcharges for the next 3 years. Probably $260/yr for 3 years. Additionally, chances of him getting his license back in that hearing are between slim and none. You can hire an attorney, but good luck with that. In all likelihood, he will have to file for an occupational license, which will cost him several hundred dollars in court and reinstatement fees, a lot of time, a court appearance, and an SR-22 for 12 months. On an occupational license, you are only allowed to drive 12 hours out of the day. They don't have to be consecutive, but there is a limit. You can't change them on the fly, either. He will need to turn in his hours when he petitions the judge for an occupational license, so he needs to choose them wisely. If he gets caught driving outside those hours, he's fucked, and will lose the occupational license as well.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Wrong. They just now issued the ticket. Can you read?
        Wat?
        Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
        He just now paid the ticket last month and the state sent him a letter this week that says...
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Exactly what BCoop said, I have been in the exact same boat! You can pay all the surcharges at once and then go to court, that would help make you look good, and increase the chances of having the suspension shorter.
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

I'm gonna BET money your friend doesn't have a current address on his drivers license and therefore didn't get the letter saying his license was suspended....
            Statute of limitations on a ticket is 2 years from date of offense. If Officer turned in the ticket the day he wrote it, that was within 2 years. Just because your friend waited 3 years to pay it doesn't mean jack...Oh yeah, enjoy the surcharges...If he gets caught DWLI he'll never get out from under the fees...

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              Wat?
              My bad, I can't read.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                My bad, I can't read.
                Welcome to the club.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I can't renew my license right now because of a ticket from 1997. I got a letter back in 2006 right after I renewed my license saying there was a fine that popped up and it would need to be dealt with before I could renew it again. I had no damn clue what it was for at first. I contacted the JP office listed on the paper and there was a new Justice of the Peace elected and he went through all the old cases and dug them up to collect on them. My case was really fucked up. I originally went to court and had a trial by jury. I entered evidence in the case and the judge literally threw it in the thrash in front of me. He denied me the right to show the jury it. After the case was over and I lost, I submitted a appeal bond on it so it would go to county court where I could try to get a little fairer trial. I was 19 years old at the time and didn't know as much about legal shit as I do now days. I forgot to sign the appeal bond when I submitted it. The judge denied it and would not allow me to "perfect it" as he was suppose to do. Instead he told me either setup a payment plan or go to jail. I made one payment that day and never went back.

Well when I contacted the new JP about the case, I told him the story. I doubted he would believe me but he actually admitted that he had the evidence I thought was thrown away in the case file with everything I submitted back in 1997. He allowed me to come in and have a special hearing with the county attorney to speak my mind. I not only spoke it but presented case law showing that the lack of a signature did not make it null and it should have still been accepted being that the judge in the case personally knew me and I filed the appeal bond in person. The new JP read the case law and decided he wanted the money instead. I told him to stick it and I would deal with it in 2011. Well now its 2011 and my birthday has passed so I drive with a expired license because of the bullshit!

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    I'm gonna BET money your friend doesn't have a current address on his drivers license and therefore didn't get the letter saying his license was suspended....
                    Not always the case. I've been in my house for 6 years now, address was updated at the time of the move. I never received any letters. I had no idea my license was suspended until a kind State Trooper let me know when he pulled me over one day. When I called the State, they said "We've been hearing that a lot lately." I responded "Doesn't that tell you there is a problem?" State douche said something along the lines of "It's not our fault, we sent the letter." To which I told him to prove it. And they couldn't do so. None of it matters anyways. He's fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      Statute of limitations on a ticket is 2 years from date of offense. If Officer turned in the ticket the day he wrote it, that was within 2 years. Just because your friend waited 3 years to pay it doesn't mean jack...Oh yeah, enjoy the surcharges...If he gets caught DWLI he'll never get out from under the fees...
                      Date of offense or the date the ticket was issued?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Date of offense or the date the ticket was issued?

Stevo
                        Date of offense

Comment

Well see that's the thing - I'm not sure there is an actual "ticket" for driving while license is suspended. Nothing says there is. It just says to file a request for a hearing OR it will get suspended through those dates and a $100 fee will be assessed at the end.
                          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
                            Well see that's the thing - I'm not sure there is an actual "ticket" for driving while license is suspended. Nothing says there is. It just says to file a request for a hearing OR it will get suspended through those dates and a $100 fee will be assessed at the end.
                            There is. Certain conditions have to be met for the ticket instead of jail though. It falls under driving while license invalid if you or he wanna look it up.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                            George Orwell

Comment

Just get a lawyer, they will lower it to a citation. It'll cost you like $200.

I've gotten like 10 of these thanks to $15k in traffic violations.

As long as the suspension wasn't for something like DUI/DWI.

Also, they usually take you to jail if they give you a ticket for DWLS, why? because if you get in a wreck and kill someone the police officer is liable since technically you're not a legal driver. They probably just didn't want to take your friend to jail.

Aaron Harper took care of all of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X