State Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Fair

Was a BLAST!!!! Also actually not to bad on the Wallet. Two kids & Two Adults, Went on fair day for the kids since they had free tickets. Got there at 10am and left at 8:30, Parked for $15 & spent right at $200 with the parking & kids got to ride at 15 rides each along with the Ferris Wheel & the Skyline trip across the fair for all 4 of us & we ate all sorts of stuff! My first time to the Texas State Fair & I must say. It was everything & more that I heard!

Tried the Fried PB & J & Fried Green Tomato's where the BEST, Also tried the Fried Moonpie, I think they fry anything they can think of at the fair! Also got to Test drive the new Camaro & wasnt impressed at all. The interior is BORING! The mustang has it beat hands down.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

We're actually heading out there today for $2-Tues. I took a vacation day and let my daughter skip school.

Got to to have a Fletchers Corny Dog!

Too bad I quit drinking beer tho...
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I wanna go this weekend as long as the moolies aren't having another football game.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I took my wife and son yesterday, and we had a good time as well. We parked at my work and took the train in, worked out well. My son is only 3, so we were somewhat limited on what we could ride, but I probably dropped $150 or so. We also hit the train museum. It was definitely worth the trip!

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        Got to to have a Fletchers Corny Dog!
        That's what we had, and I've gotta say I was disappointed. The primary focus was "get as many of these things sold as possible" it felt like and just really weren't as good as they used to be. Maybe we just hit them on an off day.
        DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
          I took my wife and son yesterday, and we had a good time as well. We parked at my work and took the train in, worked out well. My son is only 3, so we were somewhat limited on what we could ride, but I probably dropped $150 or so. We also hit the train museum. It was definitely worth the trip!

That's what we had, and I've gotta say I was disappointed. The primary focus was "get as many of these things sold as possible" it felt like and just really weren't as good as they used to be. Maybe we just hit them on an off day.
          My other half said the same thing about the Fletchers Corndogs! Disappointed as well! The police did a GREAT JOB ALSO, My HATS off to the DALLAS POLICE DEPT!!!! Kept everywhere safe & many of them on hand & when we left at 8:30 they where in the parking lots with lights going, At least 5 squad cars I counted walking out to our parking! I was very impressed with The Fair!
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

You got off easy with 200 bucks. lol
            04 GT
            91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by gip99gt View Post
              You got off easy with 200 bucks. lol
              We brought $300, But never busted the other $100! Just didn't have to. We where there for 10 hours. But there is just so much to do.

I wish I had see the train museum, I know the kids would have loved that. Can they go up in the trains? We are thinking about doing a day trip to see the Aquarium, I guess we will add that to our trip!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Went opening weekend..... from 8:30am-9:30pm (my car was in the mopar corral) the Fletchers corn dogs were excellent!! we only hit up the stand by the car show.... had 3 of them the whole day, 1st batch was pretty good, but as the day progressed they got better.... the one around 2pm was the best... wasnt overly crowded at all, and it was clean and i felt safe.... it was an awesome time. In total spent about 140 on beer and food.... and it was just me and the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  I wish I had see the train museum, I know the kids would have loved that. Can they go up in the trains? We are thinking about doing a day trip to see the Aquarium, I guess we will add that to our trip!
                  It's really off to the side, you gotta be looking to find it. It's extra, $5 for adults and $2 for kids 3 and over (though the guy let our son in free since he was 3). You can go through probably 1/3 of the trains. They have a Pullman car from the early 1900's you can walk through, plus several others. You can get in a few of the steam engines to check out. They also had a newer Amtrac train there that you could climb in and see how the cars were setup. They also had the engine open, and an engineer inside to answer any questions (and probably keep people from pushing buttons). If you like trains it's a must see.
                  DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                    We brought $300, But never busted the other $100! Just didn't have to. We where there for 10 hours. But there is just so much to do.

The aquarium is awesome, they have some nice tanks in there and they have a dting ray exzibit where you can actually touch and feed them, our 4 year old loved it.
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                    X