Thinkin about diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
    All this talk about how your good with numbers and seem smart, and you let the fuel tank fall off of a truck? I sure am glad I dont drive any of your trucks!
    yeah..it was my own fault for not having the time or money to tear it apart and put it back together....i didnt really take care of that truck - bought it for $5250 with 210K miles, 1ton 94 dually - and used it on a couple of pipeline jobs for over 20k miles - beat the living hell out of it - great truck through and through but just got worn out driving through small lakes and mudholes

what ended up killing it was the nasty back streets of houston -

though i did sell the truck for $5200 and put nothing but fuel and filters in it.....

needless to say i still stick by my diesel convictions, when im an old fart and everybody has electric cars il be blowin smoke up everybody's ass - but they are an expensive investment, especially the old torn up ones. but im a broke recent college graduate so back to beater fords for now...

but back to the OP - diesel trucks are great - if you want a nice ride that will last as long as you take care of it - get one. i regret selling my nice dodge, but i was penniless and had a beater ford. even with diesel more than fuel, they are a blast to own

Comment

Working...
    X