Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowboard

Anyone on this forum snowboard?

I'm going to try the snowpipe this year. Looking to see if my old half-pipe skating translates.

Going to Snowmass, Colorado.

Jay Johnson
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Been skiing for about 18 years. Discovered in 2008 that its best not to try to learn snowboarding AFTER skiing for 4 days. Painful and expensive lesson. I think I'll stick to skiing. Have a good time.

Comment

Shut the fuck up. The only snowboarding we do is with hookers.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Shut the fuck up. The only snowboarding we do is with hookers.
        Hookers like to ski.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
          Anyone on this forum snowboard?

I'm going to try the snowpipe this year. Looking to see if my old half-pipe skating translates.

Going to Snowmass, Colorado.

Jay Johnson
          Yeah, good luck with that. They're quite a bit more different than you would think.

Comment

Learn your edges! Riding flat will get you killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              Learn your edges! Riding flat will get you killed.
              If it your first time to snowboard I won't recommend trying the Halfpipe but I think you will realize that real quick when you first start trying to ride.Skateboarding and even surfing don't translate well to learning snowboarding. One of the best best ways to practice snowboarding without snow and learn how to snowboard is go buy a Rip-Stick(goofy,skateboard with casters) because it the closest thing to how a snowboard acts.Take a one lesson, the instructor will teach you all of the basics you will need and the dynamics of the board so you know what inputs will do on the board. One thing I like about snowboarding is the quick learning curve, there is no way you can revert to bad habits, like wedge in sking, progression is the only option. Also don't lean back going down the hill, most of the control is done with the front of the board. I have seen alot of people blow by me leaning back screaming cause they cant control the board and crash. Another tip is to "go up the mountain" when turning lean back into the slope, the reason for that is it closer to fall into the mountain than faceplant down the hill if you catch an edge.It is weird having both feet strapped in at first but you don't have to chase or find your equipment if you crash. Speed is also the a factor, you have to have a nice slope and speed which makes it easier to control, the slower you go it harder to control. Copper Mtn. has a real nice half pipe if you are going to Colorado.
              Last edited by kdventura73; 10-10-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X