No announcement yet.

Lennar Homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennar homes suck. They look like cheap apartments on the inside. I would choose someone else if building a new home.

Lennar was the builder in my neighborhood for a couple years, then they went out of business (in my neighborhood) and another maker had to pick up the slack.

All of the beams in the walls are that cheap channel thin wall steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Lennar homes suck. They look like cheap apartments on the inside. I would choose someone else if building a new home.

Lennar was the builder in my neighborhood for a couple years, then they went out of business (in my neighborhood) and another maker had to pick up the slack.

All of the beams in the walls are that cheap channel thin wall steel.
      Hmmm... That's not how much house was constructed.
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Real Estate Nate;436919 What city?[/QUOTE]

Oak Point. The quality looks about the same on all of them, I know there is better out there but this is our first house and the budget is dictating where and what. They are throwing in a bunch of incentives and I know that these are "cookie cutter" houses and that means built as quick as they can. Any other suggestions for the Little Elm/ Oak Point area?

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
          I actually live in a Lennar home built within the last year. While I'll admit the construction materials chosen aren't the top choice products it was/is still a nice home. The company itself has been GREAT to deal with regarding purchasing and a few small issues since build completion.

The things that mattered to me outside of lumber chosen where insulation, electrical, plumbing and HVAC. All of these products were name brand middle of the road products.

The only thing I was disappointed with overall was some of the "finishing touches". Like the caulking job in the bathrooms and kitchen. I went back and redid it all.
          If it was a new house you can point all those details out before signing papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            If it was a new house you can point all those details out before signing papers.
            I pointed out several things that they took care of. I just overlooked the sloppiness in the showers and tubs.
            sigpic

Comment

if the company is on the NYSE, they aren't into building landmarks, just producing money.....
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                Lennar construction is fucking terrible!! They are the current builder in my neighbor hood. They built 3 houses directly next door to me, during which i visited a few times and they looked terrible. The cheapest wood, crappiest materials you would ever think to be used, was used! I live in a bowen house and it seems to be pretty good construction. From what I can tell in my attic, the wood is pretty good solid wood and not this pieced together 2x4 bullshit lennar uses. What town are you looking in?

Agreed. The houses they build are sub-par and I'm getting tired of the old people spinning signs outside of my neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                X