Lennar Homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennar Homes

Anyone have any experience with them? Looking at one of their inventory homes out in Cross Point and want to know if they are worthwhile or not.

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Anyone have any experience with them? Looking at one of their inventory homes out in Cross Point and want to know if they are worthwhile or not.
    http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings...as,-ft.-worth/

http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings...las-ft.-worth/

What city?

Comment

Damn Lenmar has better ratings compared to History Makers.. I was looking into seeing what History Makers has to offer. Good links Real Estate Mate

Comment

Lennar construction is fucking terrible!! They are the current builder in my neighbor hood. They built 3 houses directly next door to me, during which i visited a few times and they looked terrible. The cheapest wood, crappiest materials you would ever think to be used, was used! I live in a bowen house and it seems to be pretty good construction. From what I can tell in my attic, the wood is pretty good solid wood and not this pieced together 2x4 bullshit lennar uses. What town are you looking in?

Comment

I've worked for home builders for the last 8 years, and typically speaking Lennar builds the least expensive house possible. They might have some "nice upgrades" that give that "ooh ahh feeling" (i.e. granite, stainless, basic home automation), but typically speaking their houses are built cutting every corner/penny they possibly can.

With that said, if you are a first time buyer looking for a basic house for a decent price then Lennar (or DR Horton, KB, Centex/Pulte, et) are your best bet. Get an independent inspector and get an energy audit done too (check a/c leaks, circulation, etc).

Comment

Don't go with the cookie cutter homes. Get a custom builder who won't cut corners.

The above link is for my father in law's business.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
              I've worked for home builders for the last 8 years, and typically speaking Lennar builds the least expensive house possible. They might have some "nice upgrades" that give that "ooh ahh feeling" (i.e. granite, stainless, basic home automation), but typically speaking their houses are built cutting every corner/penny they possibly can.

With that said, if you are a first time buyer looking for a basic house for a decent price then Lennar (or DR Horton, KB, Centex/Pulte, et) are your best bet. Get an independent inspector and get an energy audit done too (check a/c leaks, circulation, etc).
              Wow, Good to know!
              I also was looking into DR Horton as well. First time house for me soon, nothing too expensive, just a single story 3 bedroom house will do fine..

Comment

Doesn't Vertnut build houses as well? I could be wrong on the member, but AFAIK we've got a custom builder on the boards. Keep the business in house if you can, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  Don't go with the cookie cutter homes. Get a custom builder who won't cut corners.

The above link is for my father in law's business.
                  Shit is weak, bro.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Shit is weak, bro.
                    The website? Yea the website sucks. His son did it for free. He has never had to advertise before... his business was always built on word of mouth.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      The website? Yea the website sucks. His son did it for free. He has never had to advertise before... his business was always built on word of mouth.
                      I'm just fucking with you, dude.

Comment

Fuck Lennar, dude. Ballers gotta ball up off in herruh....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          Fuck Lennar, dude. Ballers gotta ball up off in herruh....

http://www.steverobertsluxuryhomes.com/
                          Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Doesn't Vertnut build houses as well? I could be wrong on the member, but AFAIK we've got a custom builder on the boards. Keep the business in house if you can, IMO.
                            I appreciate the word! I do build, pretty much in Ellis County (Midlothian/Waxahachie. I'm always more than happy to steer a member in the right direction, if nothing else. PM me with any questions, and I'll help any way I can. I really don't care for Lennar or History Maker. None of my trade subs will even work for them. If a framer doesn't own a level or a T-square, I won't use him.:wink1:

Comment

I actually live in a Lennar home built within the last year. While I'll admit the construction materials chosen aren't the top choice products it was/is still a nice home. The company itself has been GREAT to deal with regarding purchasing and a few small issues since build completion.

The things that mattered to me outside of lumber chosen where insulation, electrical, plumbing and HVAC. All of these products were name brand middle of the road products.

The only thing I was disappointed with overall was some of the "finishing touches". Like the caulking job in the bathrooms and kitchen. I went back and redid it all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X