No announcement yet.

Slow down or get new tires.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<--- has driven on every road surface type in the lower 48. I can handle some rain. It's called having situational awareness. Either you have it or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      <--- has driven on every road surface type in the lower 48. I can handle some rain. It's called having situational awareness. Either you have it or you don't.
      I can rant all day about piss poor drivers, but the most recent example has happened in my developement, twice, so I feel the need to express my frustrations.

I am driving approximately 25 mph with 200-300 feet of road in front of me. About 150 ft in front is a car that is pulled over to the side of the road, I see them so I slow down because I know they aren't looking but somehow at the last minute I managed to get cut off.

My neighbor who lives probably 5 houses down pulled this stunt but I just sped up and cut them off. I hate people.. Pay the fuck attention...
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        false. narrow tires, heavy ass truck, HEAVY over the nose = no hydro plane
        10-20% over in the rain? you a super trucker?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          10-20% over in the rain? you a super trucker?
          lol, 77 in a 70? OH NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 in a 30?!?!?!? IN-FUCKING-SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I bet he is rethinking that 10-20% penis enlargement order he just fulfilled!
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

My Honda hydroplaned all the time.

I got the speedo to 140 or so going down 35, car was moving at about 55.

Fun shit.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                My Honda hydroplaned all the time.

I got the speedo to 140 or so going down 35, car was moving at about 55.

Fun shit.
                You can't even drive on dry pavement. Maybe you should stay off the roads when anything is falling from the sky or your vision is impaired.

Comment

I crested the hill on I-20 eastbound at Loop 12 once many years ago in my Grand National AFTER a long slow rain...sadly...intoxicated...doing about 100mph. 245/50/ZR16's are NOT good tires to do that on. I as well as my buddy are lucky to be alive...thank god it was 2am...and they hadn't put up that concrete center divider then. After losing it and spinning around about 4 times the car ended up in the grass facing backwards with 4 flat spots on the tires. Drove home and kissed a bible.

Comment

i must admit, im a cheap bastard when it comes to tires.

my last set of tires looked like NASCAR slicks. with all the belts showing, but i do drive slow when the roads are wet. my GT sucks in the rain!!! as do all stangs,
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      I crested the hill on I-20 eastbound at Loop 12 once many years ago in my Grand National AFTER a long slow rain...sadly...intoxicated...doing about 100mph. 245/50/ZR16's are NOT good tires to do that on. I as well as my buddy are lucky to be alive...thank god it was 2am...and they hadn't put up that concrete center divider then. After losing it and spinning around about 4 times the car ended up in the grass facing backwards with 4 flat spots on the tires. Drove home and kissed a bible.
                      I was headed to the Infomart last year in December. Coming up 75, then to I30, then to I35, you have to jump over quite a few lanes to exit. It was pouring rain that morning and I was driving my sisters 96 Mark VIII. We had the trunk overloaded with candles and toys that we selling, nearly 400lbs worth. Well, when I went to move over to get ready to exit, I gave it a touch too much gas and it downshifted into 2nd gear at 50MPH. Ass end broke loose, when I went to counter steer, the whole ass swung like a pendulum across three lanes. Finally got it under control and I SLOWLY drove the rest of the way.

Comment

I've been driving heavy ass diesels for 10+yrs. no problem doing 10-20% over the speed limit in the rain.

the wife's honda? completely different story!!!
                        I hit a puddle on 35 one time that actually hydroplaned the freightliner I was driving. Talk about scary shit.
                        -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

false. narrow tires, heavy ass truck, HEAVY over the nose = no hydro plane
                          I'm going to have to testify that I never hydroplaned in my 1997 F250 PSD or my 2003 Excursion PSD.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                            even with good tires if they are econo sized they will hydroplane easy in puddles.
                            That's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              I'm going to have to testify that I never hydroplaned in my 1997 F250 PSD or my 2003 Excursion PSD.
                              Sweet vindication!
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

i rode my bike motoGP style.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X