Slow down or get new tires.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow down or get new tires.....

I swear, we've been working wrecks all day and it's caused by either driving too fast for conditions, or driving on wet/rainy streets with little tread.

Hey people, no rain for months and months and months + shit ton of cars that pull fluids onto the roads = slick owl shit when the rain floats oils to the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      Hey people, no rain for months and months and months + shit ton of cars that pull fluids onto the roads = slick owl shit when the rain floats oils to the surface.
      That's no shit ! I was leaving the golf course this morning and came up to the stop sign a little too hot and started sliding.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

that's the truth. I was plugging along in the wife's Honda yesterday doing 45 and all of a sudden, I watched the speedo jump up to 50... felt ZERO other indication that the car started hydroplaning and then spinning! LOL

needless to say, I slowed it down and she's getting new tires this week
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

i try to tell people every day at discount they need tires and there like i know im waiting till winter. wtf???

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Hydroplaning is fun.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              I swear, we've been working wrecks all day and it's caused by either driving too fast for conditions, or driving on wet/rainy streets with little tread.

I was implying that people should know to slow it down because of the exact factor you stated.

Comment

Lol. Don svo?
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  all of a sudden,
                  Oh no you didn't!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    I was implying that people should know to slow it down because of the exact factor you stated.
                    people should know to slow down during inclement weather....but people are just too stupid.
                    sigpic

Comment

When I was in driving school, I was the only one in the class that knew that. I drive a car that is well known to have traction issues in the rain, so I am keeping it slow today.

Comment

I learned this lesson the hard way after hydroplaning my mach 1 off of I-20 in sweetwater due to bald tires. Never again have I let tires go that far without replacing them. Luckily it only cost me a new front bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                          That's no shit ! I was leaving the golf course this morning and came up to the stop sign a little too hot and started sliding.
                          sigpic

Comment

Screw you guys that are getting rain...

Every spring here when the pine trees start blooming and there is suddenly yellow dust/slime on every car, the first time the streets get wet it seems they are covered by slime, no matter how good your tires are, in heavy braking during that week or three is very 'iffy'. I thought people were full of shit when they first told me that when I moved here, until I slid through the first time stop sign with tires that were four weeks old.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                              Oh no you didn't!
                              You bet your ass I phrased that idiom correctly!
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X