Respect for other managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect for other managers

I have to deal with managers from other departments on a daily basis. Usually I give them their due respect seeing as how they are higher in the food chain than I am.

I had a quality manager really piss me off this morning and I just lost it. Dropped the f-bomb a few times told him how f'ed up his dept was and turned around and walked away before he could get a word in. Well he got his feelings hurt an sure enough I get a phone call; "what did you say to ****"?

Should I be looking for another yob?
    The richest man in Babylon

At least learn to control your anger...doing that shit gets you nowhere. You have to play the politics man.

Comment

Time to touch up your resume. Hope you can fill in the blank for the time you were at your current job with something else - generally people frown on public meltdowns.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with handing out asschewings, but using profanity in them is a no-no. In my workplace, a bit of roughness and headbutting is expected, but I probably couldn't get away with half of that in an office environment.

Comment

I'm the king of meltdowns. I'll tell someone how it is. If your good at your job than dont worry. Its one thing to be a "nice guy" but when people continually run you over you gotta stand up for yourself. You would be surprised some people actually will show you more respect when you blow up on them. Nice guys finish last most of the time leaders tell it how it is.

Comment

This is no office environment...it's a shop full of mechanics and electricians. Profanity is common place. My job is production and workflow. His job is to keep me from achieving my expectations it seems. It's not my fault he didn't catch the quality concern earlier in the process.
            The richest man in Babylon

Comment

You should have said that to begin with. You don't have any worries. It is expected to happen in that instance.

Comment

Maintain professionalism for your environment is always a main priority. Losing professionalism never reflects well on you.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Might apply here...
                  We are currently in desperate need of solid wrench turners. If you have a maintenance, automotive, technical, etc...background we're looking for you. If you have a desire to work hard and willing to work OT this is a great company for you. You must have your own tools and lockable toolbox on wheels. The positions are temp
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Did you fuck his wife?
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

You were probably OK up until the f bomb. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                        I have to deal with managers from other departments on a daily basis. Usually I give them their due respect seeing as how they are higher in the food chain than I am.

I had a quality manager really piss me off this morning and I just lost it. Dropped the f-bomb a few times told him how f'ed up his dept was and turned around and walked away before he could get a word in. Well he got his feelings hurt an sure enough I get a phone call; "what did you say to ****"?

Should I be looking for another yob?
                        part of being a mature manager is holding your cool. Live and learn, I have done the same myself and at times wish I could go back and take back what i said/did. Its all part of the pecking order, sometimes you are the chicken, sometimes you are the chicken shit.

Comment

Working...
                        X