No announcement yet.

If you were going to buy a TV today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were going to buy a TV today...

What brand would you go with and why? LED, 55"+. My 6 month old Sony took a shit, and those cocksuckers can roast in hell after the "customer service" I've received. Sorry about the wrong forum, but I need answers now, and this is where the traffic is. Thanks gents.

Panasonic or LG.

Samsung customer service has gone to shit.

What was the problem with the sony and what did their CS do?

EDIT - the reason I ask about Sony is because they used to swing from customer's nuts. They were of the mindset that if it wasn't fixed within 5-10 business days they were looking to replace customer's units.
    Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 10-08-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

If I were going to go but one right now today, I would go to "rooms to go" and check out the 51in sammy led 3d and living room set for 2k, looks like a pretty good deal.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Samsung

*edit* my brother owns an a/v company in socal and this the brand he recommends to all of his clients as well has them all over his own house.
        The richest man in Babylon

Comment

I've had good luck with Vizio's, we have 2 in our rv and one 55" in the living room.

Comment

i have a sylvania plasma its nice never given me a problem. not the cheapest but quality

Comment

Samsung* all the way

Comment

I have a Panasonic 50" plasma and love it. LED would be my first choice but they cost to much when I bought mine. I will never buy another LCD tv. I hated the motion blur. Even if you get a 120hz+ LCD it makes everything look like a soap opera. Hard to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  I have a Panasonic 50" plasma and love it. LED would be my first choice but they cost to much when I bought mine. I will never buy another LCD tv. I hated the motion blur. Even if you get a 120hz+ LCD it makes everything look like a soap opera. Hard to explain.
                  LED TVs are LCDs. The only difference is the backlighting - Fluorescent vs LED.

Comment

I'll elaborate on the Sony story in a bit when I've got more time, but I have a 55" LED 3D that is 6 months old and now no longer works. I'm not going smaller, or with older technology, and I don't need any furniture. I probably don't need the 3D either as I haven't used it once, and I'm not spending more money so that I can buy all the equipment for 3 or 4 movies.

Comment

Last weekend, Best Buy in Grapevine had a brand new in box 60" Sharp Aquos LED 1080p smart TV (internet, apps, basically like a giant smart phone) with wifi for $1399. If I had anywhere in my house to put it, I would have bought it.

I like Samsung. LG is good. Pioneer Elite (very pricey). You can get good deals online, but if you don't want to mess with shipping and waiting (I don't blame you), you should still do your research there and then find your model locally. Don't buy a TV from Walmart (I know you wouldn't), because they will sell the lowest end version of name brands, including cheap versions that were made just for them. Oh, and do NOT compare picture quality in the store. It means nothing. The environment is way different, the TV settings are all maxed out, and/or they can tweak certain ones to make them look better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                        i have a sylvania plasma its nice never given me a problem. not the cheapest but quality
                        Sylvania is a low-end brand. Not that they are bad, but they are more cheap than quality.

Comment

$1,305...

Comment

Thanks Jared, I know you know your stuff when it comes to this. Was that Sharp on sale, or just a clearance deal? My main concerns are longevity and picture quality.

Comment

And I'm not buying anything online.

Comment

Working...
                              X