FYI those that wear steel toe boots to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI those that wear steel toe boots to work

For those that wear steel toes, our company pays for all the ones we purchase so Ive been buying and trying every pair I can. Ariat, RW, Wolverine, Justin, Georgia, Double H so far and I just bought a pair of Dr Marten's new steel toes and must say they are my favorite so far. We stand 14-16 hours a day straight and by far this boot feels the most like a tennis shoe and are best so far on the feet. Just a heads up in case anyone else out there is looking for the most comfortable steel toe boot.

But do they feel like a tennis shoe?

edit: Pfft. Ninja edits make the day less fun. you suck.

And Red Wing king toe is where it's at.

Comment

And they are only $100 from Academy...

Comment

I'm on my third set of DM steel toes. They are without a doubt the most comfortable I've ever worn.

Comment

I have some Converse composite toe shoes (non-conductive, rated the same ANSI as steel toes) and they are awesome. Lightweight and very comfortable. I got them from http://www.steeltoeshoes.com/
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

The preferred choice of nazi punks!
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              I'm on my third set of DM steel toes. They are without a doubt the most comfortable I've ever worn.
              true story

Comment

Doc Martens quality, circa 2009. 3 week old boots.

No thanks, I'll keep my red wings.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post

So mass produced items never fail? right.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    For those that wear steel toes, our company pays for all the ones we purchase so Ive been buying and trying every pair I can. Ariat, RW, Wolverine, Justin, Georgia, Double H so far and I just bought a pair of Dr Marten's new steel toes and must say they are my favorite so far. We stand 14-16 hours a day straight and by far this boot feels the most like a tennis shoe and are best so far on the feet. Just a heads up in case anyone else out there is looking for the most comfortable steel toe boot.
                    Agreed, the best boots I've ever owned were Dr. Marten's. Now, my foam sole CAT boots were really nice boots, just the soles wore out too damn fast. I am wearing the same pear of Dr. Marten's work boots right now that I bought in 2000.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You get a bad boot from a batch every now and then. I'm a manager at a western wear store. We get a boot every now and then that is just a reject. I'm talking work boots here. I've had a few guys who have had soles come apart after a couple of weeks. The boot wasn't wore the fuck out in those two weeks, it was just a bad run. It happens.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

All I can say is my Dr. Marten's have lasted for 11 years of regular use, that is fucking incredible.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I see your problem, you were wearing them on your hands. User error.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I gave DM a try some years back and they arent worth a shit....They wore out in no time, fit like shit and after 3 hours my back was killing me..I went back to Wolverines....

Comment

best boot ever,... georgia boot. no break in. fit right. i have a pair over 8 years old and wear them every day
                              first class white trash

Comment

Working...
                              X