i quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i quit smoking

I got chantix last week and started taking it last thursday. I smoked during the first cycle(one week) like they said you can, within 2 days my smoking dropped by half. Today is day 8 which brings you to the max amount and i have not even craved a smoke. Even after eating. it's weird cause i have a pack of cigs right next to me, i just don't want one.
    now the side effects were pretty fuked up at first, but it seems so far so good.
    first class white trash

Originally posted by forbes View Post
    I got chantix last week and started taking it last thursday. I smoked during the first cycle(one week) like they said you can, within 2 days my smoking dropped by half. Today is day 8 which brings you to the max amount and i have not even craved a smoke. Even after eating. it's weird cause i have a pack of cigs right next to me, i just don't want one.
    now the side effects were pretty fuked up at first, but it seems so far so good.
    I've considered giving it a try. What are the side effects your experiencing?
    Passive aggressivness, taking the internet seriously, or anything like that?

Congrats btw.

Comment

Careful with that shit. And good luck. I've tried, and failed miserably many times.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Careful with that shit. And good luck. I've tried, and failed miserably many times.
        This....I try as hard as I can and can never quit...GL!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I've been smoke free for 34 days cold turkey and the cravings are still there, just not as often or intense.
          2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
          Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
          Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
          Speedlogix Catch Can
          Resonator Delete

Comment

I want to quit myself, but it's hard going a day without, then the next day it feels as if you really need it during the daily routine..as if something important is missing out of your life when really all it is doing is killing your health. Camel menthols FTW
            Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I've considered giving it a try. What are the side effects your experiencing?
              Passive aggressivness, taking the internet seriously, or anything like that?

Congrats btw.
              actually no, it's been the dreams mainly for me. not like falling or anything like that. more like real life happening in full detail over a long period of time. so real that i actually thought some of the things actually happened, or i would sleep walk and not know it. other than that i have just noticed the typical things of quitting. coughing up phlem

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              my wife smokes to, so i started first so she could monitor me and stay unbias to my behavior. and after i get thru mine she is going to try it. i also have tried everything with never going longer than 2 months. so i really hope this works
              first class white trash

Comment

Dreams, hallucinations, and suicidal thoughts are the big things to watch out for.

Good luck to you, man.

I quit when cigarettes went up to $3.24 a pack because I refused to pay that much.

Comment

Cold turkey worked for me. I have enough crazy dreams as it is, last thing I need is some drug pushing me over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                    Dreams, hallucinations, and suicidal thoughts are the big things to watch out for.

Good luck to you, man.

I quit when cigarettes went up to $3.24 a pack because I refused to pay that much.
                    But aren't you a balla like alls the rest of us?!
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Congrats on your achievement so far and good luck for the rest of the process. My dad quit back in '04 at the age of 52 (he started smoking at 13). Now he is very sensitive to the smell and it sometimes makes him nauseous. His only regret is not doing it sooner. Stick with it... a person can do anything they stick their minds to.

( I am remembering all of you who have said you have tried to quit and couldn't when you bring up fatties who have failed at longterm diets because they have no self control.)
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
                        I've been smoke free for 34 days cold turkey and the cravings are still there, just not as often or intense.
                        My dad said he would get cravings for a while and for the first 2 yrs or so he would get the craving when he could smell a cigarette. He got through that and like i said earlier the smell makes him sick now.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                          But aren't you a balla like alls the rest of us?!
                          Back then I was a one man pharmaceutical operation. A small business such as that one has to keep it's overhead as low as possible in order to have more liquid capital to succeed. That was the breaking point with what I felt comfortable spending.

Meow days I smoke cigars which are far more expensive. :wink1:

Comment

Always wondered if the smell of a smoker turns the stomachs of quiters like it does everyone else. Mmmm, ashtray breath...

Comment

Good job guys!! Going on 2 years myself. Just dont give in, it will get easier!!

Comment

Working...
                              X