eBay strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay strategies

What is your favorite eBay buying strategy?

I am typically a last minute bidder, I come up with the highest price I'll be happy paying and bid with only a few seconds remaining (or I use a service to bid for me).

But what about a product that has no bids and is at a very low price (no reserve). Do you find it better to place a bid to scare others off (the assumption being that now that there is a bid (of unknown amount) that they will not be able to steal it, not to mention they now know that they are not the only interested party.

Any tips/tricks?

Wait until the last minute or find the same thing with a decent buy it now price and free shipping.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      What is your favorite eBay buying strategy?

I am typically a last minute bidder, I come up with the highest price I'll be happy paying and bid with only a few seconds remaining (or I use a service to bid for me).

But what about a product that has no bids and is at a very low price (no reserve). Do you find it better to place a bid to scare others off (the assumption being that now that there is a bid (of unknown amount) that they will not be able to steal it, not to mention they now know that they are not the only interested party.

Any tips/tricks?
      auctionsniper.com

sign up here and I get some free Snipes (they are like 10 cents a snipe i think

Auction Sniper is a free ebay sniper that automates the process of placing your bid at the auction closing. Place eBay auction bidding snipe automatically.
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

oh and also look for stuff that is misspelled. when I look for Galaxie parts I search Galaxie, Galaxi and Galaxy because people ALWAYS misspell what they are posting and if you are only looking for the correct spelling you might miss a hell of a deal
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          oh and also look for stuff that is misspelled. when I look for Galaxie parts I search Galaxie, Galaxi and Galaxy because people ALWAYS misspell what they are posting and if you are only looking for the correct spelling you might miss a hell of a deal
          Kind of related but a buddy of mine found a motorcycle on craigslist in Oklahoma.. the guy left the area code off the phone number in the ad. So my friend looked it up for the city and waited a few days to call. The guy said he was the only one who called and because of that my friend got a damn good deal haha.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I use Craigslist.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I just buy it now I hate waiting on shit

Comment

This. Example, by searching 'entercooler', 'innercooler', etc I was able to get some good deals.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

My favorite ebay strategy is don't fucking use that piece of shit.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    lmao
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Amen!

Ebay and paypal are gun haters. Fuck them both. Paypal charges more than Uncle Barry for transactions. Ebay's rates slowly rise with shitty customer service. Face to face commerce wins all. I'll browse ebay,though.

Comment

I've been looking for months on EBay for a right outboard Headlight door for a 62 Galaxie. Thats a good idea on the spelling.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                        X