Occupy Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupy Dallas

Apparently the Wall Street protests across the country now. They are expected to be at the Dallas Federal reserve tomorrow.

There are events being planned across the country in solidarity with the recent "Occupy Wall Street" events in New York City. There are events planned in both Dallas (Occupy Dallas) and Houston for October 6th at 9:00am. This is the same group of people that were protesting on Wall Street recently.

.htm
    l

Mostly non violent but they have a huge following on the Internet so you should be aware they could potentially have a lot of people present.
    Here
    is the link to one of their Facebook pages on the Dallas protest http://www.facebook.com/OccupyDallas

The Occupy Dallas event will be in the area of the Federal Reserve Bank (2200 North Pearl Street). So there may be potential traffic delays at Woodall & Pearl.

Here are a couple of websites on this group:

I wonder if big D will run a competitive game and see if they can top that 700 number?

Comment

I can see it now, lots of dirty hippies with eight fish hooks in their face, giant hoops in their ears and sleeve tats saying the world isn't fair because no one wants to give them a job.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I can see it now, lots of dirty hippies with eight fish hooks in their face, giant hoops in their ears and sleeve tats saying the world isn't fair because no one wants to give them a job.
        At least the streets of Austin will be clean for a day or so. I hope they leave this town in busloads to come visit you guys

Comment

Irony...

I bet the British loyalists were saying the same kind of things about the revolutionaries in the 1770s. Think about that for a second. Guess who these people were pissed off at... The east Indies trading co..

Oh Em Gee

Fucking loyalist pigs.

Lol

.*edit
          I'm drawing direct correlations between England/east Indies and the current relationship with the US and corporations that run us.

This is what is being protested but guess who owns the media. The same people these protestors are railing against. Of course its not going to be reported in a positive light.
          Last edited by tribaltalon; 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM.
          http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
            Irony...

I bet the British loyalists were saying the same kind of things about the revolutionaries in the 1770s. Think about that for a second. Guess who these people were pissed off at... The east Indies trading co..

Oh Em Gee

Fucking loyalist pigs.

Lol
            Big difference here, no one would care that much if all the dirty hippies got on boats and discovered a "new world"

Comment

Meh, the comparison to the Revolutionary War is not a valid one, there were all sorts of issues there with taxation and people being killed by what people saw as an occupying army (The British).

I get tired of lazy people who blame everything else for their lot in life. Most of these people at these protests aren't working types, they are the "entitled" segment of our society, the white kids who found out you have to work to get ahead and decided they don't like it. When the guy from Joe's Plumbing in McKinney is down there protesting instead of installing toilets, I'll get concerned. As long as all I see are people from Starbuck's this thing is a joke.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Big difference here, no one would care that much if all the dirty hippies got on boats and discovered a "new world"
                Exactly, "Go discover a job you dirty fucking hippie wanna be shitbag"...

Comment

Meh, the comparison to the Revolutionary War is not a valid one, there were all sorts of issues there with taxation and people being killed by what people saw as an occupying army (The British).

I get tired of lazy people who blame everything else for their lot in life. Most of these people at these protests aren't working types, they are the "entitled" segment of our society, the white kids who found out you have to work to get ahead and decided they don't like it. When the guy from Joe's Plumbing in McKinney is down there protesting instead of installing toilets, I'll get concerned. As long as all I see are people from Starbuck's this thing is a joke.
                  Exactly, "Go discover a job you dirty fucking hippie wanna be shitbag"...
                  lmgdao

Comment

Blaming other people for what they have isn't the point here. The division of wealth in America is sickening. The numbers haven't been like this since the 1920s and something needs to be done. I'm not saying that something is sitting around the Fed but if it raises awareness of a good cause then I'm all for it.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Remember kids, those who have the money, make the rules. That's why everyone should aspire to have as much money as possible

Comment

You're wrong. Open a history book and learn you something about the east Indies trading company.

Do you really think the media would be airing legitimate protestors? Why dont you just sit back and enjoy your koolaid the government will take care of this disturbance
                        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

So what your saying is all the DFW Freebirds will be closed for the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Remember kids, those who have the money, make the rules. That's why everyone should aspire to have as much money as possible
                            This.

Comment

LMAO @ tribaltalon's nonsense.
                              Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                              Blaming other people for what they have isn't the point here. The division of wealth in America is sickening. The numbers haven't been like this since the 1920s and something needs to be done. I'm not saying that something is sitting around the Fed but if it raises awareness of a good cause then I'm all for it.

http://www.dailypaul.com/111232/us-w...-all-us-assets
                              I keep hearing this in interviews with these protesters. "The rich have too much in relation to the rest of the population" , "something has to be done".

What do you think needs to be done to resolve the problem as you perceive it?

Comment

Working...
                              X