Which electric provider to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which electric provider to use?

My contract with TXU is up and I am looking to get a better rate. Any info on switching would be appreciated. What to look for, who to stay away from, etc. I dont want to make a mistake and be worse off.

Power to Choose is the official, unbiased, electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where all certified electric providers in the State of Texas are eligible to post their electric plans. On the Power to Choose website you can compare electric offers and choose the plan that's right for you.

Decide for yourself. Read the fine print!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

What Yale said. I've been happy with StarTex.

Comment

I have StarTex as well and haven't had any complaints I'm locked in for 12 months at 8.9
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Amigo Energy

Comment

Startex was bought by Constellation Energy a few months back. Not that it has much to do with anything, just an fyi.

As far as large, mass market, I would go with Reliant if I weren't in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Startex was bought by Constellation Energy a few months back. Not that it has much to do with anything, just an fyi.
              That's weird. I'm one of the few people that reads notices and I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about that.

Comment

I've been happy with Cirro for a few years now.

Comment

no options in Austin, other than the city.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                    That's weird. I'm one of the few people that reads notices and I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about that.
                    http://www.startexpower.com/news%5CS...n%20Energy.pdf

They call it a Merger, but from what I was told it is more of an aquisition. IDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      http://www.startexpower.com/news%5CS...n%20Energy.pdf

They call it a Merger, but from what I was told it is more of an aquisition. IDK.
                      Weird. Oh well, as long as they don't change my rate or fees I could care less if they call themselves the Power Fairies, haha.

Comment

i've had startex for 2-3 years, and i'm pretty happy with them...if i remember correctly, i'm paying ~8.7 per kw/hr.

Comment

Reliant.
                          2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                          www.militarystangs.com

Comment

Working...
                          X