No announcement yet.

I just got a letter from the state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state does not have to keep a data base and match to registrations to prove you have insurance. It is all about control over the citizens. If you want to stop the no insurance problem, you need one law. This is how to stop it: If caught driving without liability insurance, the car is taken and crushed. Period. If there is a lien holder such as a bank or note lot, they get the car back less the wrecker fee. Period ! The driver gets 90 days hard labor. No exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
      The state does not have to keep a data base and match to registrations to prove you have insurance. It is all about control over the citizens. If you want to stop the no insurance problem, you need one law. This is how to stop it: If caught driving without liability insurance, the car is taken and crushed. Period. If there is a lien holder such as a bank or note lot, they get the car back less the wrecker fee. Period ! The driver gets 90 days hard labor. No exceptions.
      Fuck that, no reason to punish the car!
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
        I am now because I fixed the car and drive it. The guy gave me some bs about how if somebody magically got hurt by a car sitting on jackstands in my garage or it caught on fire that I could get in trouble for not having it insured and that homeowners insurance wouldn't cover it. At that time I just cancelled all my policies with them and went with juggz!
        I just tell people the risk they take and let them make their own decision as to what and when they will insure. Afterall it IS the choice of the client and no one else.

If a customer is making a stupid decision, I'll be sure to get a signature on their request to cover my own ass, but I'll still allow them to make any damned informed decision they please.

I don't know where agents get off being so damn bossy. The customer calls the shots. PERIOD
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

This would do nothing, however, to compensate an individual who is not at fault in a collision.

Comment

Why not just arrest the driver and impound the car until they can prove 6mo prepaid insurance?

After 45 days or whatever of no proof of ins. the car gets auctioned, the impounds fees are paid out of this and everything else goes to the municipality that made the arrest, or to a fund set up to cover free healthcare or people affected by uninsured motorists.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
            X