Divorce is Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce is Done!

After just over 2 years the case is over. Now I'm stuck waiting for the judge's decision regarding the custody terms of our daughter. This has been a long process that I don't wish on anyone but I'm confident that based on what we were able to show that the judge will rule in my favor.

The judge naturally seemed most concerned with the well-being of our daughter and I think we showed that I'm the much more stable parent. I even offered my ex more time then the standard visitation and stated that I would be open to reducing the amount of child support she would have to pay.

These are the same terms I offered her in mediation and she declined after 4 hours of very expensive indirect dialogue. It was an eye-opener for sure and I think that reluctantly her parents will see both me and my ex in a different light.

Wish me luck guys! Not so much that I honestly think I need it, but it sure couldn't hurt!

Kick ass!!

Good vibes heading your way, man.

Comment

Congrats man!

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you!

Comment

Congrats man. I know it's been a long drawn out process. Regardless of the outcome, keep your head up and put your kiddo first. You'll win out eventually, if you have deep enough pockets.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Good luck!!! You DO NEED IT!
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Congrats

Can I get her number?

Comment

Good luck. Things start getting exponentially better when it's all over with.

Comment

Best of luck with the custody.

Comment

Does this mean I can get my for sale sign back from you??

Congrats brother, on to the next chapter of life!

Comment

Originally posted by Real Estate Nate View Post
                        Does this mean I can get my for sale sign back from you??

Congrats brother, on to the next chapter of life!
                        LOL, I'm sincerely sorry for that brother. I've set foot in that garage maybe 5 times since you left that sign. I'll make sure to have it with me this afternoon and I'll do what I can to get it to you today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                          LOL, I'm sincerely sorry for that brother. I've set foot in that garage maybe 5 times since you left that sign. I'll make sure to have it with me this afternoon and I'll do what I can to get it to you today or tomorrow.
                          I was only kidding. We will plan to meet up soon.

Comment

Just got word of the Judge's ruling. I got everything that I didn't care about house, furniture, ect. Still have joint custody with extended visitation and picked up a 50% increase in my child support.

I'm waiting on my e-mail copy to see all the particulars. While I'm bummed about the outcome of a 2 year battle, I'm more upset that the Judge refused to hear much of the evidence. Especially, with my ex refusing to submit anything else within this 2 year period.

I'm waiting to hear back from my attorney and then get back to work on appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                              Just got word of the Judge's ruling. I got everything that I didn't care about house, furniture, ect. Still have joint custody with extended visitation and picked up a 50% increase in my child support.

I'm waiting on my e-mail copy to see all the particulars. While I'm bummed about the outcome of a 2 year battle, I'm more upset that the Judge refused to hear much of the evidence. Especially, with my ex refusing to submit anything else within this 2 year period.

I'm waiting to hear back from my attorney and then get back to work on appealing.

Keep your head up, man. It will work out for you before too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X