No announcement yet.

Road trip for grub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woody Creek BBQ in Springtown....we make a road trip out there about once a month or so...decent drive too.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Hard 8

Comment

Evidently there's a BBQ joint here called Franklin BBQ that everyone is raving about.

Supposedly the wait is forever long, but they say it's the best BBQ in the area. I'll have to be the judge of that. I went to Green Mesquite, which has been on several shows, and was not impressed. I did go to their second location mid afternoon, and not their original during prime time. But it was not impressive to say the least, even if the brisket was fresh it would have been overdone and dry.

Comment

Austin Texas, no food just Shakespeares on 6th street to get wasted.
          Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            How the fuck many times do I have to post this?

Full Custom Gospel BBQ is an extensive and exhausting look at Texas BBQ. Through reviews of BBQ joints, books and articles related to our favorite 'cue, we've created a resource for like-minded carnivores. In short, we are The Prophets of Smoked Meat.

http://www.communitywalk.com/tx/texa...nts/map/280736

Apparently once more.
            Thanks

Not looking just for some Q. But more of a day away that also entails some really good grub along the way and back.
            Most likely taking the wife's Miata so we can go top down so a straight shot down 35 might be quickest, it also lacks a LOT for scenery.

Unless the coed flashes you
            86 SVO

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              Kirby Lane for damn sure. Catch a UT ball game, Trudy's for dinner, and head home. We've done it, and it works quite well.
              Next time you want to go eat let me know. I have over 1k worth of gift cards to that place. My wife's uncle is the owner and he gives us gift cards in case he's not there or the manager doesn't know us. You should also try South Congress Cafe. It's one of his places also but much more up scale.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                Next time you want to go eat let me know. I have over 1k worth of gift cards to that place. My wife's uncle is the owner and he gives us gift cards in case he's not there or the manager doesn't know us. You should also try South Congress Cafe. It's one of his places also but much more up scale.

Have I ever told you how much I love unions?

PM'ing mailing address

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                  Have I ever told you how much I love unions?

PM'ing mailing address
                  DFWmustangs gtg!!

We normally drive up there about once a month. I love the Mexican Martini's. Also if you haven't been lately they have been changing up the menu a little bit. Adding some new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Hard 8
                    We'd roll out to this. Stephenville isn't but 45ish mins from us.

Comment

Trudy's is awesome. I'm partial to The Hula Hut. Home Slice Pizza on S Congress is badass. A lot of people like Gueros Taco Bar, but while I like the building, I think the actual food there blows, and I've given it 4 or 5 shots. Texas Chili Parlor is decent and cheap on Lavaca.

Comment

Drove to Stephenville for some Hard 8 today, shit's good'er n hell!

Comment

Brown Street Cafe in Ennis.

They have a wonderful BLT on Jalepeno bread.

That is the bomb.

Comment

Its Kerbey Lane...I really hope some of you guys dont live in Austin.... Spell it right!

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                              Its Kerbey Lane...I really hope some of you guys dont live in Austin.... Spell it right!
                              I don't give a shit how they spell it. I don't work there. I just want to eat there.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                                We're headed down to a few ball games soon. I would CERTAINLY take a few of those off of your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X