Road trip for grub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip for grub

If you had a few hours you were willing to spend Just to go eat, and get away from DFW for a little while, where would you go?

Day trip kinda place
    86 SVO

Up in Smoke down in Hillsboro

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      Up in Smoke down in Hillsboro
      Are they the same place/chain as the one in Keller?
      86 SVO

Comment

Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          Austin
          This. I've done it before, too. Head out around 5am, get to Austin just in time for breakfast @ Kirby Lane or Magnolia. Lunch @ Torchy's. Dinner wherever. Austin has the best food scene in the state IMO.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Another vote for Austin. That town has some awesome one off restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              This. I've done it before, too. Head out around 5am, get to Austin just in time for breakfast @ Kirby Lane or Magnolia. Lunch @ Torchy's. Dinner wherever. Austin has the best food scene in the state IMO.
              Kirby Lane Migas FTW.

Comment

Kirby Lane for damn sure. Catch a UT ball game, Trudy's for dinner, and head home. We've done it, and it works quite well.

Comment

In this area I would make the trip for BBQ. Hard 8, Cooper's, etc? Maybe go to Lockhart (Kruetz's or Schmitty's) or Lexington (Snow's)

Before the end of the year I want to fly to Chicago for a deep dish pizza lunch (and maybe a Chicago style dog) then fly back.

Comment

How the fuck many times do I have to post this?

Full Custom Gospel BBQ is an extensive and exhausting look at Texas BBQ. Through reviews of BBQ joints, books and articles related to our favorite 'cue, we've created a resource for like-minded carnivores. In short, we are The Prophets of Smoked Meat.

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Just stumbled across the Magnolia once, and went in because I liked the sign. I try to go back every time im in Austin now. Thickest bacon I've ever got on a hamburger. Last time the line was out the door, so we hit up "Franks Hamburgers" Next door. Not bad either.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Since I'm already in Austin, i'd probably say Waco for Vitek's gutpack, or Corpus for Southside's Barbacoa.

I really need to start making a list of places to try here in Austin, as the "old" lady and I have a lot of free time since I left you heathens in Dallas.

Comment

Hard 8

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            the "old" lady
                            lmfao
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

denton hwy has a 24hr subway ive heard...

Comment

Working...
                              X