Riveria Maya, Mexico goers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riveria Maya, Mexico goers

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe near Tulum? I saw there are three hotels in this huge resort. I have been looking at staying at Grand Bahia Coba next June. Anybody been in the area? Trying to stay fairly cheap in the area.

I have experience of living there but it was difficult for me to manage initially but finally I managed to get a discount through Hotels coupons that helped me to save by using hotels.com discount code and I know you will get a better rates through there. There are other hotels like Marriott you can try for using coupons but you need to make proper information before booking a particular hotel there.
    Last edited by Nikeen; 01-21-2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

One of my dad's friends has part ownership on the Grand Bahia in Coba, you can trust the zone and they are one of the best hotels for the money. If they have all inclusive I suggest you get that. Ive stayed at the one in Tulum and they are quite spacious, if you play golf the coba golf course not far from the grand bahia should be finished by now... Just keep note that since you are going to Mexico make sure you get into authorized or licensed busses or shuttles. We would like for you to return again... haha

Also the beaches are better in Tulum, white sands and no rocks unlike the shit they have in cancun now. Lots of shellfish remains in the beaches of cancun since wilma hit.

If you have any questions PM me, my father has turned into a tourist pro since he lives in the Riviera Maya.
      Last edited by Mr_Fiux; 06-15-2012, 04:38 AM. Reason: typo
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

We stayed there a few years ago and it was decent then. There were TONS of topless chicks on that beach, and damn nice looking one's too. You can take a $2 van ride to the ruins and hit their badass beach at the foot of the cliffs.

Comment

My wife and I stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites in 2009. I'd recommend it. I don't care for the huge resorts personally, and this was a little more secluded and uncrowded.

DamonH

Comment

Somebody ban Nikeen already. Spam all over the place.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Somebody ban Nikeen already. Spam all over the place.
              Nikeen is punjab for asshole.

Comment

Anyone realize this thread originated 9/28/2011? Just got back from Gran Bahia Coba and had a blast. Loved the resort and the staff was great. Mr_Fiux, you do realize the Gran Bahia Coba, Akumal, Tulum, and Sian Ka'an are all located in Akumal next door to each other. The Sian Ka'an is actually on the other side of the highway and is the golf resort. Stayed at the Coba Premier and had run of the house to all 4 resorts.

Comment

Headed there next week!

Comment

That's funny, I leave for Gran Bahia Coba on Thursday.
                    IMG_0424

Comment

We will be there next Sunday.

Comment

We ate three a la carte dinners while there and the rest buffets. Don Pablo's was phenomenal at Tulum. Portofino was pretty good. Le Gourmet was good but same style as Don Pablo's so would have prefered another choice. Check out all the a la carte restaraunts at all four resorts and make reservations in advance or you probably won't get in. Send an email here "guestservicebpcob@bahia-principe.com" with requests within about 10days of trip and you should hear back from them. They even accomodated us on a specific villa request. When we arrived the front desk had our a la carte reservation tickets already printed with our checkin packet. The main pool behind the loby and next to the beach at Tulum is the best place to hang out during the day unless you want quiet. Ask about the Segway tours. The resort has 4 Segways and they were discounting the tours. We did a 1 hour tour for $40 a person and had a blast. If you want to go snorkeling and avoid the crowds or tour groups take Collectiva bus or a cab to Yal Ku Lagoon. http://www.cancun.com/Editorial/Yal-ku/
                        I discovered this place about 10 years ago when it was private with a few nice houses around it. They have since opened it up to the public but don't really advertise much. We spent most of the day there and only saw about 10 people. It is a very calm lagoon fed by cenotes with really cool rock formations/tunnels and tons of fish.

Comment

Thanks for all the good info!

Comment

Cenotes fucking rock.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                            X