Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most expensive legal drugs vs illegal drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my wife was pregnant. The wife had to get a shot of 80mg or Lovenox a day and then 60 days after the pregnancy was over. Our pharmacy said it was $1200 per shot.

That's $324,000 worth of shots. Lovenox has it locked down, but it you make under a certain $$$ amount then the government makes them give it to you for free. We still have a months supply.

Comment

Man I never knew medication costed that much!

Really tells you to be more healthy.

Comment

Yes, fortunately my insurance covered it.

Comment

$14,000 would get a hell of alot of coke
          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            $14,000 would get a hell of alot of coke
            Or enough hydroponic herb, jack daniels, heroin, and hookers to cure any ailment.

And we think the cartels are ruthless criminals, shieeet.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
              Not even close but still crappy when you need it regularly....

Zomig for migraines... $40 a pill w/o insurance.... $60 for 9 pills with ins. Takes 2 doses to knock out a typical migraine and it makes you feel horrible... minus the headache at least.
              I wondered what those cost. I have a 60 count bottle on my desk
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Lovenox is not that much money... drug prices are often inflated to sound really expensive and crazy. THere are some very expensive drugs out there. Xigris, tPA, epogen....Im sure there are more expensive ones out there.

Ok...I looked on Epocrates and Lovenox runs:
                30mg 10 syringes $259.99
                40mg 10 syringes $354.23
                100mg 10 syringes $815.98
                150mg 10 syringes $1250.00
                Last edited by 8mpg; 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Or enough hydroponic herb, jack daniels, heroin, and hookers to cure any ailment.

And we think the cartels are ruthless criminals, shieeet.
                  big pharma makes a killing everyday off fucking people up. sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                    dont be a moron... Pharmaceutical companies are out here to make a profit. They spend MILLIONS of dollars to research the medication, then jump through hoops and bullshit of the government, have to pass FDA testing, then they have to market the drug. THey spend more time and money to get doctors to use their medications.

It can take years to develop and pass a new drug. THey have to make back that years of investment. Also, you have to look at the medications... how big is that market? Are they developing a drug that will only help a very small percentage of the population? Will the drug be a flop? Will they be sued for every little side effect?

Business is business...pharmaceutical companies are not a charity.

Comment

Oh yeah, prescription drugs are really cheap to research, develop, and manufacture.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        Oh yeah, prescription drugs are really cheap to research, develop, and manufacture.
                        Buy drug in US $$$$$$$$$$$$ Buy same drug from same manufacturer in Mexico/Canada $.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I agree. The big pharma companies control the FDA. ALOT of medications are put on the fast-track to approval without any real testing.

Comment

Yep, you make money treating. The profit is way less when you cure it.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ibsoqjPac. This is a good video to watch if you have the time. Shows how the FDA/big pharma companies tried to stop advance in cancer research in the 80s-90s

Comment

Pussy has been an expensive drug. I began hitting it as a kid and am still addicted. It has cost me hundreds of thousands.

Comment

Working...
                                X