Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most expensive legal drugs vs illegal drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most expensive legal drugs vs illegal drugs?

So when I was in the hospital, I probably had 8 shots of Lovenox. The hospital had to check with my pharmacy ahead of time to make sure they had my prescription in stock before releasing me. I asked why. "Well, we could go ahead and release you, but if your insurance does not cover it, the retail is $1000 each syringe."

So I went home and picked up my $14,000 prescription from the pharmacy. Part of them were loose and the other 10 syringes of 120mg @ came in a box 3 x 6 x 6. It was hard to comprehend these dimensions held $10k of legal drugs. It got me to thinking, "What does a brick of coke this size cost?" "What is the most expensive illegal drug out there?"

I DID find out what the most expensive LEGAL drug was and I'm not even close.

"The most expensive prescription medication available currently is Idursulfase, the recombinant form of the human lysosomal enzyme, iduronate-2-sulfatase. It is approved for use as enzyme replacement therapy in patients with Hunter syndrome (Mucopolysaccharidosis II, MPS II). Currently, the only commecial available Idursulfase goes under the trade name, Elapraseā„¢, created via recombinant DNA technology in a human cell line by the company Shire Human Genetics Therapies, Inc.

It is dosed in 6 mg vial for intravenous administration. The recommended dose is 0.5 mg/kg every week by intravenous infusion over one to three hours. Idursulfase costs $4,215 for a 6 mg vial and the cost for treatment of a 35 kg patient is $657,000 per year."

My remicade for crohns is 14000 for each infusion. About 1 liter

Comment

They lied to you, Lovenox 120mg is not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
        They lied to you, Lovenox 120mg is not that much.
        ^he stayed in a holiday inn express last night

Comment

Not even close but still crappy when you need it regularly....

Zomig for migraines... $40 a pill w/o insurance.... $60 for 9 pills with ins. Takes 2 doses to knock out a typical migraine and it makes you feel horrible... minus the headache at least.

Comment

Feline tranqs?
            Ded

Comment

my dad's crap adds up to about $900/day.......
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

If thats the case I need to sell some Lovenox. My wife has 4 syringes left over from when she had to take it. It didn't cost us a penny so all profit lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                  If thats the case I need to sell some Lovenox. My wife has 4 syringes left over from when she had to take it. It didn't cost us a penny so all profit lol.
                  Just don't get caught bud

Comment

Is that a painkiller? Trade for a foxbody roller?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      No, it's not a pain killer

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Enoxaparin is used to prevent blood clots in the leg in patients who are on bedrest or who are having hip replacement, knee replacement, or stomach surgery. It is used in combination with aspirin to prevent complications from angina (chest pain) and heart attacks. It is also used in combination with warfarin to treat blood clots in the leg. Enoxaparin is in a class of medications called low molecular weight heparins. It works by stopping the formation of substances that cause clots.

Comment

Forbes' HRT drugs are super spensive!!
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                            forbes' hrt drugs are super spensive!!
                            trolololol

Comment

The Avonex shots I used to take once a week for my MS were $1200 for a box of 4 shots.

I'm now on a new drug that was just approved and it's a one a day pill. My doctor told me that without ins. these pills cost around $4500 a month. Fuckin' crazy.
                              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
                              X