Food Dehydrator ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    cool. do you use it for fruit and veggies at all? that more what i am interested in.

god bless.
    Fag.

Real men eat meat!wait, what?

Comment

What about meat slicer recommendations.

I need a good one, I'm going to do entire deer in jerky, it's the only way I'll eat it.

Comment

This is a bit older thread, but I did not want to derail the bugout/dehydrated food one too much. I was using a 20 y/o like 30 dollar dehydrator for my jerky and it helped a ton. Problem is no thermostat, no temp controls...just on/off. I just ordered this one...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-3926TB-Food-Dehydrator-Black/dp/B008OV4FD0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448896849&sr=8-2&keywords=excalibur[/ame]

for 3 reasons...

1. Great reviews on all different websites (same model as the 3900, just with built in timer)
        2. US made
        3. Old school and proven design. Sort of like the Kitchen Aid mixers, they just work

I also like the front load trays for rotation if needed and can leave some out if taller food is being worked with...etc...etc

It's initially going to be used for jerky, but sooner than later I'll be drying more than that to make the investment worth even more.

If anyone is interested in feedback, let me know. Just wanted to put this model out there.
        Last edited by ceyko; 11-30-2015, 09:35 AM.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

In for the feedback!

Comment

Buddy just got that one and loves it. I'm jealous as hell. He fit like 6 pounds of jerky in one batch.

Comment

i literally used mine once.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Buddy just got that one and loves it. I'm jealous as hell. He fit like 6 pounds of jerky in one batch.
                Yeah, it's not the biggest/baddest, but it seems like a great bang for the buck.

I tried cold smoking my jerky until done and it was better than most, just a bit bitter from the smoke. Dehydrator is going to save a ton of time and wood - plus it came out a lot better. 6 hour cold smoke and then another 8-12 on a dehydrator.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                i literally used mine once.

god bless.
                A dehydrator or this particular one? They are popular, could probably easily resell it.

Comment

no sir, not that model. mine was way cheaper than that thing!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

No chance to use it, other than squaring it away last night. The temp adjustment is awesome and I think I'll enjoy the timer - since beer tends to be involved. Also, you can turn the heat all the way off and just plain dry stuff if you want.

Compared to what I had it is about 3x the size overall. I have a lot of plans the next couple weekends and enough jerky - but I'll try to make some anyway cause I want to use it.

I will say it is not loud, but too loud for the wife. The old one was louder I think.

Hard to tell the size difference, but the whole thing is basically available for dehydrating as opposed to the smaller/slimmer area on the other. Also, on this model shelves can be removed for taller things (bread..whatever).

upload by ceyko1, on Flickr
                    Last edited by ceyko; 12-03-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I found some beef for 2.99-3.99 a pound, acquire 5lbs and sliced it. Over the holidays I'll be making a batch of jerky and will post some pictures and opinions of the dehydrator.

I switched to 1/4" cuts like everyone else does, so it'll probably be 1-2 hours cold smoke and then rest in the dehydrator.

Comment

Working...
                      X