Good Guy's Show this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    As I said... the effort and time spent is obvious, in that single picture. However, I've NEVER been a big fan of the "dubs" look on any muscle car, especially a Mustang. Bigger RIMS <> better. Just not my thing.
    However, I'm a road racing Mustang fan so function > fashion for me. It's a simple matter of I just don't dig the "look" and others do.

Keep in mind, I'm ALL about the effort, some SERIOUS work went into that car! Then again, some serious work went into the Oscar Meyer mobile too... but I won't be sport'n that around any time soon look'f for an "In and Out" burger.
    You had to see it. That car is absolutely "not my style" but that was the baddest-ass, best car out there IMO. That rear end treatment absolutely SLAYED me.

Well maybe it was the 3rd or 4th best car there... it was pretty bitchin. haha
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      You had to see it. That car is absolutely "not my style" but that was the baddest-ass, best car out there IMO. That rear end treatment absolutely SLAYED me.

Well maybe it was the 3rd or 4th best car there... it was pretty bitchin. haha
      Couldn't have said it better myself. Wish I could remember where I saw a build thread on that car. The rear window/scoop/spoiler fabrication was mind boggling. Absolutely OUTSTANDING build.
      sigpic

Comment

It was OK but it looked like they studied the last 3 Ring Brothers builds and went to town. When a builder was a very distinct and unique style like the Ring Bros. they don't need to be copied.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
        54 Olds 88 2dr HT
        12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

I appreciate the effort on that Mustang but the end result looked like something a Storm Trooper would drive.

I would argue that the Suncammer was the best and most well executed car out there....

I think it actually had muffler bearings! LOL!!

70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

This was my favorite, it was( really) nice without being gawdy ..
            big dollar car that most never even noticed

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
              This was my favorite, it was( really) nice without being gawdy ..
              big dollar car that most never even noticed

I loved that one, did you see the red one? I honestly thought it would be the only one, then came across the one you posted.
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
                I loved that one, did you see the red one? I honestly thought it would be the only one, then came across the one you posted.
                Yep ...Very nice, I myself would not of taken off the side trim

Comment

I noticed both of those. My dad and his buddy completely ignored them, even while I was drooling on them. That Hemi car in particular was SWEET even though it was kind of a weird color.

The '56 Ford ragtop was stunning as well, a lot of subtle tricks that most would never notice. Like the front turn signals that don't wrap around any longer. And the side trim that stays horizontal instead of climbing to the top of the fender. Nicely done.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                    I appreciate the effort on that Mustang but the end result looked like something a Storm Trooper would drive.

I would argue that the Suncammer was the best and most well executed car out there....

I think it actually had muffler bearings! LOL!!

Where was this car parked Saturday? I missed it some how.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
                    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                    12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
                      Where was this car parked Saturday? I missed it some how.
                      It was in the Builders Choice lot...with all the highend stuff....it was diagonally across from that storm trooper Mustang. It had a crowd around it just about all day long. I'm not normally one for over the top Riddler award type stuff, but that thing had so many little suttle things done....the longer you stood and looked at it the more you noticed. I love the fact that they started with a 54' Ford too....not among the most popular.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I don't know if it was out there, but there is a black 55 buick convertible from longview that is a very nice car. I think its called "whatabuck" they own the whataburger just west of longview. Whoever did the work is a bad ass

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          I don't know if it was out there, but there is a black 55 buick convertible from longview that is a very nice car. I think its called "whatabuck" they own the whataburger just west of longview. Whoever did the work is a bad ass
                          It was there last year built by Bobby Alloway in Alabama ..awesome car

Comment

I saw that Buick last year...they were in the winners circle. Nice car indeed. They were with a guy in an old red roadster that wouldn't start right before the parade on Sunday....he came around asking several of us for advice and the guy next to me helped him figure out that he was out of gas!
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
                            X