parent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parent question

Since this board is full of doctors I thought I would ask yall, my little man goes in tomorrow for his 2 month shots and i have heard that he might develop a fever, is there anything to five him before hand to prevent him from getting sick?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

He'll be fine. Maybe a little fussy for a day, but nothing big.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      He'll be fine. Maybe a little fussy for a day, but nothing big.
      Yup.

OP,
      It sucks a little especially when you have 2 or more. However, best just to let it take its course. Monitor him, but everything generally goes as planned.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

call the pediatrician and ask if the baby can have motrin yet. we give our little one motrin 30 mins before shots to help with fever and pain.

Comment

they told us to give our son a dose of tylenol before the shots. It helps with the soreness from the shots. It would also help with the fever.

Comment

Have you tried calling? Your kids doctor is there to answer these types of questions and if they are busy there is usually a nurse or someone who can.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Ketamine.

Comment

My dr gave us the ok on giving our little one the smallest dose marked on the dropper of infant Tylenol...

Comment

You can give Tylenol, but not Motrin at that age, I believe. I would just go in cold turkey and see how he does. If he gets a fever you can give him Tylenol after the fact once you see how it goes. No point in medicating if he may not need it. Also, ask your doctor what he/she considers a fever to medicate, because something minimal is best to be fought through to build an immune system.

Comment

Well he just got the three shots, cried for a little but momma is nursing now, we did not give him anything so we will keep our fingers that he does not get a fever but if he does we are getting infant tylenol on the way home

Comment

Remember, infants can have higher fever than you and I. So when you see 103, don't freak the hell out.

Comment

Yeah, they said don't freak out till you see 107 and that's when we need to go to the ER

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                          Yeah, they said don't freak out till you see 107 and that's when we need to go to the ER
                          wow, 107 would freak me a little. Ours advised to call them at 104 and so far we've not really seen anything above that.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Make sure he is wearing socks and all will be ok.
                            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                              Make sure he is wearing socks and all will be ok.
                              I see what you did there...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X