No announcement yet.

public or private school for your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid starts school next year too. I prefer private, but I will give the Plano ISD a shot first. I think the district you live in does play a role in your decision. Also, I plan to have my kid in daycare from when she gets out of school until I get off work to pick her up. I'm sure they will ass rape me in some way or another with fees.

Comment

Public. Garland has great schools.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

There's alot of variables: school district, cost of private school, size of private school, etc. Both of my girls (who are grown) started in private school, but not for the typical reason. My oldest was too young for public school (which was a joke), so she started at the private school where she went to pre-K and kindergarten. It gave both the girls a great "base" to their education, and it stuck with them throughout college. At middle school, they went public.
        The down-side to private schools (other than expense) are: UIL participation (sports, band, etc) and maybe a lack of social skills, due to who they are/are not exposed to.

Comment

Depends on where i live when the time comes. My girlfriend is a teacher in Frisco ISD and i don't think i would have an issue sending my kids to school here. If i lived in Dallas ISD i think i'd go private.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
            Private is probably way better for actual education and learning things you'll probably never use but will definitely prepare you for college better. Public schools are more valuable for real life experiences and barely learning shit you'll never use.

As long as the school is big enough and not some weirdo school they shouldn't lose any real life experience.
            man, you and i are on the exact same page.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by hmbre97 View Post
              we plan to home school since none of the public or private schools around here will allow my son to wear our tin foil hats.
              lmao
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

If you want him to turn out like you I say public

If you want him to turn out like mom, I say private

If I had kids, I think I'd send them to private school, simply because my goal would be to provide them with a better upbringing than what I had. I went to private school until 5th grade, then I was all public until graduation.

Find out where the rich, successful, uptight, ballers send their kids, then take junior there.

Comment

Wharz Denny?
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

DISD WORKED FINE FOR ME!!!

i would have them go to private for pre-k to 6, then public. if it is a small private school make sure they get out and make a lot of friends in the neighborhood or something, cause i knew some kids that went to a private school that only had like 30 kids per grade and they were very weird and awkward... and that was back in jr high/high school. who knows how they are now

Comment

public.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                        Private is probably way better for actual education and learning things you'll probably never use but will definitely prepare you for college better. Public schools are more valuable for real life experiences and barely learning shit you'll never use.

As long as the school is big enough and not some weirdo school they shouldn't lose any real life experience.
                        Not necessarily a blanket truth. I begged my parents to send me to private school because I thought the classes would be more rigorous than public. In my limited experience, the education was hardly superior - especially for the added expense. If you are going to send a kid to private school on the basis of and with the expectation that the education will be better, be damn certain the school's curricula actually (not just advertised) far and away exceeds accepted standards of education provided by public schools.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My son goes to Public Rockwall schools and we have been more than satisfied with his Kindergarten and First Grade education. His Pre-K class was a fucking joke. Since we made too much money, was white, and english was our primary language we had to pay $260 a month for him to go Because of the same requirements he was only allowed to go half a day. If we had been poor, illegal, and did not speak english it would have been free, free lunches, free bus rides, and all day long. There were 33 kids in his class. We pulled him after the first semester.
                          In Rockwall each neighborhood over a certain size is required to have an elementary school. My son's school is in a decent neighborhood of $350k+ houses so the quality of teachers/students is a little higher.

If we were in a majority of the metroplex I would do private for sure!

Comment

Student/teacher ratio is far better in private school, however they can be exposed to just as many "f0 real lyfe" experiences as public school.

Comment

depends on the zip code, i've not been overly impressed with my friends educations that went to country day or trinity valley. Some of these folks now have children that are attending public schools, as they felt the cost wasn't worth the benefit.
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X