No announcement yet.

public or private school for your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public or private school for your kids?

if money was not an issue. please list for me your pros/cons for both. my son will be 5 in November and we have started looking into schools, and obv. i would come here where the smartest of the smart reside to get some opinions. thanks folks.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    if money was not an issue. please list for me your pros/cons for both. my son will be 5 in November and we have started looking into schools, and obv. i would come here where the smartest of the smart reside to get some opinions. thanks folks.

god bless.
    We will be making this decision next yr. too. We live in Westlake and the town has a municipally funded charter school that is on the IB curriculum. So I think we will start him out there and see how things work out. The school is free, but it's expected that you donate $1800 annually to cover cost that the state doesn't cover, that's chump change compared to what we've been paying in daycare.
    If things don't work out for some reason then he will be in the Keller school district which I'm not too excited about.
    I think there are only a small handful of public schools that I would even consider putting my son into, not necessarily because he wouldn't do well. I just think that there are some smaller based private/christian schools that have alot to offer and may provide a little more attention per student academically, but you may have to give up a little with sports depending on the school.

Comment

If money was not a issue for me then I would go private school.
      Black 1998 Cobra #2885

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
        We will be making this decision next yr. too. We live in Westlake and the town has a municipally funded charter school that is on the IB curriculum. So I think we will start him out there and see how things work out. The school is free, but it's expected that you donate $1800 annually to cover cost that the state doesn't cover, that's chump change compared to what we've been paying in daycare.
        If things don't work out for some reason then he will be in the Keller school district which I'm not too excited about.
        I think there are only a small handful of public schools that I would even consider putting my son into, not necessarily because he wouldn't do well. I just think that there are some smaller based private/christian schools that have alot to offer and may provide a little more attention per student academically, but you may have to give up a little with sports depending on the school.
        Is this the school off Dove by the Mercedes corp offices?

Why are you not fond of Keller? I thought Keller ISD was one of the best, well, maybe not the best but one of the better ones.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

wasnt this done like last month or so??

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Is this the school off Dove by the Mercedes corp offices?

Why are you not fond of Keller? I thought Keller ISD was one of the best, well, maybe not the best but one of the better ones.
            Yes, the Westlake Academy is located off Dove Rd. I've heard it's very difficult for kids who have already been in public schools to transition to the Westlake Academy, but my son will start out there so he won't know any different and that should help.
            I think the Keller school district overall is very good. I'm pretty sure Leah knows alot about Keller schools, so maybe she can chime in. My comment about going to Keller schools should have been stated about public schools in general. I've heard too many stories about student behavior in public schools these days. I know it can happen anywhere and some schools are not as bad as other's.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
              Yes, the Westlake Academy is located off Dove Rd. I've heard it's very difficult for kids who have already been in public schools to transition to the Westlake Academy, but my son will start out there so he won't know any different and that should help.
              I think the Keller school district overall is very good. I'm pretty sure Leah knows alot about Keller schools, so maybe she can chime in. My comment about going to Keller schools should have been stated about public schools in general. I've heard too many stories about student behavior in public schools these days. I know it can happen anywhere and some schools are not as bad as other's.
              1,800 is not bad at all.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Depends on the school district. I hope we don't get a shitty district out here, private school in SF is $$$.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Private. Public school is an indoctrination academy.

Comment

Private is probably way better for actual education and learning things you'll probably never use but will definitely prepare you for college better. Public schools are more valuable for real life experiences and barely learning shit you'll never use.

As long as the school is big enough and not some weirdo school they shouldn't lose any real life experience.

Comment

Private

Comment

Our little one will be attending private school.

Comment

We plan to home school since none of the public or private schools around here will allow my son to wear our tin foil hats.

Comment

Either as long as it's not home school. Kids really need the social interaction to learn how to deal with other people. I had a couple cousins who were home schooled and they are as socially awkward as AIDS.

If money is not an issue by the time our kid is old enough I will look seriously into private school.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Feed em to the sharks.

Comment

Working...
                              X