Hotel/Cruise out of Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    Also pack a 12 pack of sodas if you like sodas and have them unlock the fridge to store them. The ship will rape you for any drink that is not juice, tea, or water (in a cup). They charge about $2 for a bottle of water also.
    Coffee is free too, so long as it's not from the coffee bar. I don't drink cokes, so I didn't bother.

Originally posted by junior View Post
    Oh invade your cruise travel agent didnt tell you, you can bring water and sodas just have to carry them with you at all ones till you board and have to be checked to make sure they haven't been altered we took 32 pack of water and 12 pack of coke, and a few big bags of chips.
    Yep, they are just looking for alcohol. I was talking with some people that have pretty damned slick ways of smuggling alcohol on the ship though. One used clean shampoo bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Coffee is free too, so long as it's not from the coffee bar. I don't drink cokes, so I didn't bother.

Yep, they are just looking for alcohol. I was talking with some people that have pretty damned slick ways of smuggling alcohol on the ship though. One used clean shampoo bottles.
      We don't really drink alcohol so that isn't a problem for use. A lady I work told me they used mouthwash bottles.

Forgot about the coffee... we are not coffee drinkers either haha.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Does anybody know if there are any other hotels in Galveston (besides the Galvez) that offer free transportation to the Carnival cruise port?

We are trying to decide if we should stay the night in galveston before the cruise or just drive down the day of and park at the port. We stay at the Hotel Galvez last time and they had a bus to take people to and from the port.

Before the smartass remarks... I will be calling around to some hotels but thought maybe someone on here might have some knowledge on the subject that might lead me in the right direction.
        I'm pretty sure the Sheraton right on the sea wall does.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We always just cruise down the day of but leave with plenty of extra time and just plan on grabbing some food while you wait - In case you do the place we park at emailed me a $5 off coupon code

Save $5
          Promotional code - gift
          This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. For 7 day parking the price will be $45. 4 and 5 day parking, price will be $30. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. No discount after reservation has been made. You may receive discount on any sale date.
          This coupon is not valid with any other coupons and may not be used with any other coupons.

EZ Cruise parking

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt's girl View Post
            We always just cruise down the day of but leave with plenty of extra time and just plan on grabbing some food while you wait - In case you do the place we park at emailed me a $5 off coupon code

Save $5
            Promotional code - gift
            This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. For 7 day parking the price will be $45. 4 and 5 day parking, price will be $30. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. No discount after reservation has been made. You may receive discount on any sale date.
            This coupon is not valid with any other coupons and may not be used with any other coupons.

EZ Cruise parking
            Thanks for the promo code! How long did you have to wait for the shuttle?
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Thanks for the promo code! How long did you have to wait for the shuttle?
              5 minutes once, maybe 10-the other time they were there already and waited on us. We've used them 2x both with no issue.

Comment

Working...
              X